Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a killer bulking 5 day routine!

Tuna guy

two exams an' I'm certified . . .

. . . personal trainer and gym instructor with advanced weight training, that is . . .

Here's how I work my week:

Monday-Legs/8 sets for quads/6 sets for hamstrings
Tuesday-Off
Wednesday-Chest and abs/9-12 sets for chest
Thursday-Back/10-12 sets for back
Friday-Off
Saturday-Shoulders and calves/8-10 sets for shoulders and traps
Sunday-Bicep and tricep/6-8 sets for biceps/6-8 sets for triceps

This scheduling works very well for me. It's designed so that supporting muscle groups aren't sore from previous workouts. And example would be having sore biceps during back day. You wouldn't want that. This way I can focus on each muscle group individually and not worry about secondary muscle groups. I keep my rep range in the 6-8 rep range with burnouts my last set...

LOL...i remember you from Show's.

Well, if you progress well on a 5 day split, go ahead and use one.

I would recommend:

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Shoulders/Calves/Abs
Friday - Legs
Saturday - Biceps/Triceps
Sunday - Off
Monday - Repeat Cycle

There is some overlap in this routine, it's really impossible to avoid with high frequency routines. Even though you are progressing with 5x a week, i would definately go with a 4 day split. That's just me, though.

Just a word of caution, this split is not very good:

Mon - Chest
Tue - bIs and TRIs
Wed - shoulders
Thurs - Back
Fri - LEgs

Sorry SuperBabe :)

Too much overlap.

I go like this

mon:Legs
tues: bis, tris
wed: off
thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Back
Sat: off
Sun: Chest

I like to work around universal chest and leg days, they suck. This way, no sore bodypart gets in the way

Monday-Legs/12 sets for quads/6 sets for hamstrings
Tuesday- Chest and abs/ 12 sets for chest
Wednesday-Back/ 12 sets for back
Thursday-Bicep and tricep/6-8 sets for biceps/6-8 sets for triceps
Friday- Shoulders and calves/8-10 sets for shoulders and traps
Saturday- off
Sun-off

Thanks Daeo this is what I'm going to try for 8 weeks.
Soreness is rarely an issue after 17 years of training unless my volume goes too high (above 20 sets for large muscle groups for example). Thanks everyone else for all your input too

Cackerot69 said:
Why do you want to train 5 times a week?

I got to agree with this. What about recovery time that's most important ?

Mucho Gracias on the thought , but when it comes to conditioning 5 days can't be beat for me...my whole life I've been on a mock 5 day scedule for wrestling, football, lacrosse and powerlifting and rec. bodybuildig aka muscle sculpting which I guess you could call year round in season training... recovery is good, but I'm not shooting for the Olympia or crushing cervical disks with mind boggling weight (hopefully), but for overwhelming conditioning which carries with it euphoria! The body can be conditioned to flaunt chronic recovery, but there is always a breaking point. I know!

Kryp2o said:

I got to agree with this. What about recovery time that's most important ?

Do you really think 24 more hours of "rest" will really make a difference in your training progress? I've tried just about every different training frequency and found working one bodypart a day to be optimal for me...

Top Bottom