Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need help really fast!

coyotekid84

Long story short, I just finished BOLC II, and have fallen out of shape. I have to excel at the RPFT(ranger phyical fitness test)in 2 week. Than I have 14 weeks of training, before I go. For the most part its, push up pull up, sit ups and a 5 mile run...The better i perform, the better my chances are of getting the slot. I'm not expecting a miracle, just a workout scheme that will help in the quickest time possible. I know i can pass it but that is not good enough.

PLEASE help! I don't care what i have to eat, what supplements i have to take or how long I have to be in the gym!!! This isn't a normal working out scheme, so I've got no clue how to tackle this beast.

I would start with push ups, pull ups, sit ups, and running. Not to be a smart ass but if that's what you're being tested on it makes sense to do those things. I've never trained for anything like this, but you could probably run and do the push ups, pull ups, and sit ups everyday.

Dumb move waiting till 2 weeks out. This is the routine you should have started months ago in order to be competative in your RPFT. If im not mistaken the rangers do not give an aquatic portion of the test so I would take out the swiming in this routine and substitute bike into this, just double the time, I.E. 15 minutes of swiming = 30 minutes biking. Don’t know how far you can get in 2 weeks.

9 Week Workout Plan

Running

Weeks #1, 2: 2 miles/day, 8:30 pace, M/W/F (6 miles/ week)
Week #3: No running. High risk of stress fractures
Week #4: 3 miles/day, M/W/F (9 miles/wk)
Weeks #5, 6: 2/3/4/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (11 miles/wk)
Weeks #7,8: 4/4/5/3 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (16 miles/ wk)
Week #9: same as #7,8 (16 miles/ wk)

Push Ups, Pull Ups and Sit Ups (Mon/Wed/Fri)

Week #1:
4X15 Push Ups
4X20 Sit Ups
3X3 Pull Ups

Week #2:
5X20 Push Ups
5X20 Sit Ups
3X3 Pull Ups

Week #3,4:
5X25 Push Ups
5X25 Sit Ups
3X4 Pull Ups

Week #5,6:
6X25 Push Ups
6X25 Sit Ups
2X8 Pull Ups

Week #7,8:
6X30 Push Ups
6X30 Sit Ups
2X10 Pull Ups

Week #9:
6X30 Push Ups
6X30 Sit Ups
3X10 Pull Ups

Swimming 4-5 days a week

Weeks #1, 2: Swim continuously for 15 min.
Weeks #3, 4: Swim continuously for 20 min.
Weeks #5, 6: Swim continuously for 25 min.
Weeks #7, 8: Swim continuously for 30 min.
Week #9: Swim continuously for 35 min.

Seriously, if you're not being tested for it, then take a big dose of ephedrine and give yourself a big advantage on the day.

Top Bottom