Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm struggling with my traps bros

albert mcg

Bors
I have been doing dumbell shrugs and barbell shrugs for a few months already and my traps seem not to get bigger what other movements do you guys suggest to do , the gym a go to doesn't that much equipment it's a small for small town in the middle of nowhere, sometimes I think is a genes problem more than work out but anyway I would like to try other movements, thank you guys.

Deadlifts would be number one for me. There are a ton of guys who don't even work traps directly because they do heavy deads.

The problem with shrugs is that they are an isolation movement. They don't train the muscle as effectively as big compound movements like the deadlift.

I have never seen someone with an impressive deadlift have small traps. Master the deadlift and your traps will start growing like weeds.

People don't realize that your traps actually run from your neck all the way half way down your back. They are actually a really big muscle. Shrugs only train the upper traps. You need to do things like deadlifts and t-bar rows to train the lower traps.

maxresdefault.jpg

And wide rows palms facing in or bent over flys to have calf legs like Jay Cutler used to have down Centre of his back

Top Bottom