Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i'm not trying to get a powerlifter's body, would 5x5 still be beneficial for me?

Traps get hit hard by deadlifts. Rear delts get hit by rows, and to an extent deadlifts and ohp. The only thing that isn't really hit in this routine is calves. You could throw in a few sets on one or more days a week, if you're set on doing it.

Beware though, if you start adding exercises to this, then you aren't doing Stronglifts 5x5; you're doing your own program. Doing something like 3x10 calf raises a couple times a week isn't going to effect your other lifts, but when you start adding sets of dips and pullups and what not, it may effect your lifts/inhibit your recovery (depending on what you're doing).

None of the high frequency compound lift full body workouts designed for beginners have isolation work included in them. They are all high volume and high volume, so adding extra work generally isn't a good idea. Moreover, it's unnecessary. When you progress to an intermediate level then you will benefit from more breadth in your exercise selection, for example, to bring up weak areas or lagging body parts. As a beginner, there are no lagging body parts, because your whole body is a weak area.

ok fair enough. thanks. i've actually been doing the madcow 5x5 where it says to do ramping weights and a little tri/bi assistance work, not much at all though. i feel like the ramping will enable me to hit higher weight without being absolutely dead from squatting 3x a week.

I squat 3 times a week and love it. I do cardio 6 days a week and my lifts continue to improve. It is really about trusting the program you choose and doing it.

Yeah that makes, it's just hard / different adjusting from doing 5x a week split routines to seemingly less exercises but bigger lifts, only 3x a week. I'm used to having that gym pump every day you know? But I guess in the end it's not the pump it's how much you actually grow

People ask me all the time what I do for my traps...and I only do the core lifts. But if you want to do other things...limit yourself to 10 minutes at the end of every session. Do whatever you want as long as it isn't stupid.

I am just bound and determined to get to 10% bf bro and at almost 40 yrs old it's hard to do. My diet is dialed in, my training routine is goo but that last 2 to 3 % keeps hanging on. So I have tried to ramp up on fasted Cardio to try and eliminate it. I am afraid that if I drop cals any further even on the cutting cycle I am on may lose size so the only thing I knew to do is add Cardio. Any suggestions you have zed would be greatly appreciated bro. I get right on the edge of being shredded and just have not gotten over the hill and I have that as a goal that I want to accomplish. Sorry for long response bro.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Is there a difference between madcow 5x5 and stronglifts 5x5? how do i choose which one to do? is stronglifts better for beginner and how we decide if one is a begginer or intermidiate?

Top Bottom