Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm new and have a few questions!

waterbabe

Hi,

I've been a member for a few days now and have read tons of posts. However, I have some questions!

1. Why do you have to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?

2. What's a good cardio/weight plan for a beginner? Like 3 times/week weights, 4 times a week cardio or what?

3. How much water should you drink a day?

4. What should a day of eating be like? Can I still eat McDonald's? (just joking)

Thanks. I know the textbook answers but I want your REAL LIFE answers. Thanks again.

In my opion I would workout w/ weights 4 times a weeks and do cardio 3 times a week (20-25 minute sessions on cardio) drink 1.5-2 gallons a day eat 5-6 meals a day 40-30-30 ratio. eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. hope this helps or at least gets you started.

Hi,
To really help you, you need to give us more detail. How long you've trained, what you eat, what are your goals(muscle gain, toning, cutting, getting in better shape), age, height, weight?

1. Because you are burning bodyfat instead of the food you ate (unless you eat lots before going to bed)

2. Depends on your goals

3. The average person needs a MINIMUM of an ounce per kilo. However, you need more than that. I weigh close to 200lbs and I drink a gallon a day.

4. You eat very frequent smaller high protein meals (every 3hours), so your body can digest all of it.

"1. Why do you have to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?"

you don't.

"2. What's a good cardio/weight plan for a beginner? Like 3 times/week weights, 4 times a week cardio or what?"

that sounds ok, but we really need more information.

"3. How much water should you drink a day?"

at least a gallon.

"4. What should a day of eating be like? Can I still eat McDonald's? (just joking)"

depends on your goals. basically, 5-8 meals evenly spaced throughout the day (every 2-3 hours.)

Without knowing your goals, its hard to answer these, but it sounds like your main goal is fat loss. If your goal is to build muscle, the answers are different.

1. Why do you have to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?

This is only suggested for cardio- to attempt to burn fat, rather than glycogen- this is not etched in stone, but has been suggested by some. This approach is for fat loss only, if you are training for strength or muscle, it does'nt necessarily appply.

2. What's a good cardio/weight plan for a beginner? Like 3 times/week weights, 4 times a week cardio or what?
3 times weights, 3 times cardio. Rest one day. Alternate days.

3. How much water should you drink a day?

As much as you can.

4. What should a day of eating be like? Can I still eat McDonald's

This depends highly on your goals. Start with a well balanced diet and go from there.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am concentrating on fat loss, not so much on muscle gain. I'm 5'6, 167. I hardly drink any water at all. Any suggestions on how to force it down? As for food...yesterday I had fruit for breakfast, sole and beans for lunch, a salad in a pita with a baked potato and sour cream for dinner, and then really late (like 2 am) I had a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal. (I'm sorry!!!) I do tend to eat a lot of fast food. But I want to cut it out. Thanks again everyone.

Muscle buidling will help you lose the fat the fastest. You won't really get big so don't worry about that unless you train like a guy and even then genetics will hopefully keep you from blowing up. As for water try that flavored water stuff I love it. I get a brand at a grocery store called Aldies (weird store, they trim costs by not even stocking shelves things are pretty much still in the boxes ect..) The bottles are 32oz and cost like 39 cents. Only problem is almost all flavored water is also carbonated it is kinda like soda but doesn't get sticky. (They use aspartame to flavor them 100x as strong as sugar so they use so little stays at 0 cals) They taste great flat too just shake em real good and let the carbonation out. Some brands carry pretty crappy flavors, this brand carries strawberry and rasberry both very good taste very similar though, I pretty sure pear doesn't taste that great I can't imagine it does all the green fruits don't seem that great for water flavoring. (not sure tho mabe) As for regular water consumption carry a bottle around with you, just reuse the same spring water bottle w/ tap or something, (the 32oz flavored water bottles work well hehe) you find it easy to sip everyonce in a while. I also find it easy to consume alot of water while at the gym. I'm lucky at the gym I goto we have conicle paper cups and a nice water thing. The regualr drinking fountains are a bitch and you normally dont really end up drinking that much water from them even though you stand there drinking for what seems like forever. Bring a lot of water to the gym.

Top Bottom