Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm going to try DoggCrapp Training...!

SofaGeorge

I'm not a big fan of low volume workouts... and I love my curent Needsize 5x5 routine; however, I'm an experimenter... so I want to give DC training a try.

My question is:

How long do I need to give DC to see whether or not it is working for me?

One month? Two months? Three months?

What is an optimal test period?

Its great stuff!!!! You will be working at 110 percent intensity, plus you will always train to failure. Stopping before you reach failure is silly to me. Keep us posted on your results.

Hey SG,

When you get your routine worked out can you post it in detail?

I am going to start HST next week, I'll post mine up.. if it doesn't work I'll try DC next.

Lestat

Hmm... damnit Louden, you planted a seed in my head. Now SG is thinking about it, and now Thai... I would think about it for chest... maybe biceps... and triceps... My back and legs are going good though... so are shoulders...

Hmm... time to think.

c-ditty

plus you will always train to failure. Stopping before you reach failure is silly to me.

See the "Training Theory by Animalmass et al" above from solid info on training to failure. Hint: it's really not the cat's meow.

It may become evident that failure is actaully detrimental (note to John this would neccessiate the two factor theory, that has always been rejected by bodybuilders) because too much stress occurs (especially if inadequate rest intervals are used)...this would facilitate the increasing levels of fatigue resulting in a faster establishment of the Overtraining syndrome!

-casualbb

casualbb said:

See the "Training Theory by Animalmass et al" above from solid info on training to failure. Hint: it's really not the cat's meow.

-casualbb

Thats the beauty of DC. . .you don't overtrain!! I love to be pushed to the limits, and this forces me to grow.

The problem I see when bouncing from method to metyhod is that they all seem to work....for a while and that is the catch. The simple fact that you changed your workout almost always elicits a positive response so to truely judge a training style you have to follow it and see if you hit a platue, if ya never do then you can say it works. If you try it and hit a platue that cant be easily acredited to undereating/overtraining then the method of training is actually no better than any other for the most part.

The goal of us all I beleive is to find a method of training that offers variety enough so we dont get bored and continued advancement in the form of mass or strength or both.

Okay... here is my routine (shake it up if you are a DC expert.) I will start tomorrow and be on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday pattern with four "off" days for recovery (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.)

Week #1

Day 1 Monday

Chest - Incline Dumbell Bench
Shoulders - One armed side raises
Triceps - Decline French Curls (aka Skullcrushers)
Back width - Smith Machine Barbell Rows
Back thickness - Deadlifts

Day 2 Wednesday
Biceps - Steep Incline Dumbell curls
Forearms - Scot curls
Calves - Standing calf machine
Hams - Lying leg curl
Quads - Leg press

Day 3 Friday
Chest - Incline Barbell Bench
Shoulders - Standing Dumbell Military Press
Triceps - Close Grip Bench
Back width - Wide Grip Pullups
Back Thickness - free weight bentover rows (Yates grip)

Week #2

Day 4 Monday
Biceps - Standing Barbell Curl (elbows back)
Forearms - Hammer Curls
Calves - Seated Calf Press
Hams - Straight Leg Deadlift
Quads - Squats

Day 5 Wednesday
Chest - Dips
Shoulders - Side Raises
Triceps - Close Grip Bench
Back width - Pull downs
Back Thickness - Chin Ups

Day 6 Friday
Biceps - Biceps Machine
Forearms - Wrist Curls
Calves - Leg Press Calf Pushes
Hams - Lying Leg curls
Quads - Hack Squat Machine

If this looks wrong... please correct it.

Also, I noted that 10-12 seems to be the rep range suggested. Is that correct?

Also, can anyone describe exactly how to do a DC set? I've read the descriptions... but am still looking for more info.

(Also, I log all my workouts. I'll do the above workouts in a Word .doc print out. If anyone wants a copy of the file send my your email address.)

Top Bottom