Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm doing light cardio while on a bulking cycle

CaptainS2

Bros,
Some people say doing too much cardio can affect your bulking process, specially if you do it before lifting because you are a bit tired and you won't put much intensity and strength when you lift, true? ... I thought cardio is important to burn the fat you gain while eating a lot of calories for a better bulk, please help me clear this out, thank you.

this is one of those questions it depends on who you ask.

in my experience the answer is yes. don't go balls to the wall with cardio before weight training or you will run out of juice. what a lot of guys like to do (the powerlifter dudes) is do some light 15-20 minutes on the treadmill to warm up and get loose. but in no way will you see them sprint lol

save the cardio for after.

also learning how your body works is important. you should make sure you are hydrated and carbed up with a proper pre workout meal. don't go into a workout starving or you will be in trouble

really it boils down to playing around with things to find out what works best for you. I like to be fresh if i am going to do a heavy lifting day, so i will take a day off from the gym the day before and i will carb up the day of.. it is called carb cycling. learning how to do that will improve your lifts

Cardio is very important. It is something you should do year round - when BOTH bulking and cutting.

Now when bulking when you are trying to gain weight, you obviously don't want to do hours of cardio and expend a huge amount of calories but you do want to do some cardio. It's very important for heart health. It will also increase blood flow and help increase recovery from your weight workouts.

The best time to do cardio is actually post workout. After your workout your glycogen levels will be depleted and your body will have to use stored body fat to meet the energy demands.

Crush your workout, then do your cardio.

Even though I do not do it all the time, I try to do cardio even when Im bulking.

Twenty to thirty minutes once in a while after your workouts seems like a good idea. Not only it will boost your metabolism, but also it will make you burn some fat and sweat some toxins that have been accumulating in your skin.

Top Bottom