Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i like a closer bench grip, to target my chests more, as opposed to a wider grip.

Sub-Zero

High End Bro
Platinum
so i always put my pinkeys on the rings on the bars, but at my home gym they are closer than my school gym.

so i was benching with a wider grip and i just coudlnt find my groove and ended up with my tendon starting to flare up on my right chest, and never getting a propper chest workout or feeling comfortable benching.

so then i made my hands even wider....still didnt target my chest very well.

on monday i got back to my home gym for chest and used my old location, and i felt it in my chest fucking rediculous. after one set my chests were fucking jumping out of my shirt from so much blood pumpage.

for my huge awsome chest, as well as a nice tricep challenge (because of longer range of motion), as well as injury free form, i chose a closer grip than a wider grip.

closer grip works out my triceps more.. are you built backwards ??

It hits the Triceps more, it shouldn't hit the chest more at all, if anything it is suppost to hit it less because the Triceps pick up more of the movement. At least I thought that is how it worked.

FriendlyCanadian said:
close grip is like pretty much a tricep exercise........

Depends on how close it is. Also, it is suppost to be easier on the RC's then Wide Grip. I was having a problem with my right shoulder so I assumed it was my Standing OverHead Press, but after I switched to a CGBP my shoulder stopped bothering me completley. It didn't help I was flaring my elbows out making my body look like I was in the shape of a cross though.

sub,

close grip=triceps
wide grip= chest

i prefer closer grip too, but only because my triceps are stronger.

Top Bottom