x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

I know you should do low reps/heavy weights but how many sets for each muscle group??

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about I know you should do low reps/heavy weights but how many sets for each muscle group?? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I'm sorry if this question has been asked 100 times. I'm not THAT serious about body building but I still want some muscle gain. I eat alot(including alot of protein) and try to keep it as clean as possible. BUT how many sets should you do for each muscle group? I know you should try to lift heavy weight and low reps. I don't want to do too many sets and overtain or do too little and not gain. Thanks for the help

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

I know you should do low reps/heavy weights but how many sets for each muscle group??

I'm sorry if this question has been asked 100 times. I'm not THAT serious about body building but I still want some muscle gain. I eat alot(including alot of protein) and try to keep it as clean as possible.

BUT how many sets should you do for each muscle group? I know you should try to lift heavy weight and low reps. I don't want to do too many sets and overtain or do too little and not gain.

Thanks for the help

Good Broly

Re: I know you should do low reps/heavy weights but how many sets for each muscle group??

What have you done previously?

Some common rep/set schemes if you want to go heavy are: 5x5, 8x3, 10x2.
    It doesnt really matter, nearly anything will work for a while but nothing works forever.

I suggest you read the training stickies on the top of the page and see what grabs your attention. 5x5 is the new black and is all the rage around here, I suggest giving that a shot. If you havent done 5x5 before do the single factor type first.
    Im currently back doing 5x5 and loving it.

Ill dig up a link for you.

Good Broly

Re: I know you should do low reps/heavy weights but how many sets for each muscle group??

Have a read of this thread...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=375215

there is the simple version listed in there.