Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I just found out I can't lift for a MONTH!!!

gUiLe

I am getting nose surgery in May, and was
told that I absoloutely can NOT lift fot
a month. I have a crushed septum, that hinders my breathing (more and more lately)
and am FINALLY getting if fixed, along with
some cosmetic as well. I was/am starting a
bulking cycle in two weeks. What now????

Ouch, that sucks. Why would nose surgery prevent you from working out for a month? I can understand mabe for a little bit after but an entire month? Mabe they just don't want you huffing and puffing. So mabe doing it in a way that doesn't provoke any kind of cardio benifit. Thats just sounds odd too me its not like your lifting with your nose. Mabe there thinking more along the lines of cardio workouts (huff-n-puff-n). I would definitely enquire further because damn that sucks. Sometimes its nice to have a break but I enjoy my workouts too much.

Any workout for me consists of heavy in/out
breathing! The doctor thinks it may lead to
bleeding and/or infection. He said it could
be a month (due to the fact he has to re-construct one of my septums) but maybe
a little less. Never the less, this shit is
gonna TOTALLY fuk my summer up!!!

guile,

jeez wtf???you were going so well...just shows adversity is always near for fucks sake.nevertheless,keep your head up high and this will be a great time to focus on nutrition.if you do this,you will minimize muscle loss and be ready to kick ass in no time,once you're able to hit the gym.good luck w/ surgery and get well soon.

ps :eek:n a brighter note,one month ain't sooo bad...it'll be over b4 you know it.

------------------
if you don't like it,get the fuck out!

WHAT?!? Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is the septum in the nose? I might be getting surgery this summer as well for twisted cartilage(the damn thing wouldn't break). The doctor told me I couldn't participate in any sports for 6 weeks, but he didn't say shit about weight training.

Man, now I'm feeling like shit. After a 8 month lay off because of a shoulder injury, I now have to stop for another month?!?

Ooh and Guile, a month is a pretty long time, so my advice to you is to look into stretching exercises. Along with your diet, daily stretching sessions are VERY important to hold off muscle loss.

Btw, can someone please answer my question.

[This message has been edited by BigAndy69 (edited March 19, 2001).]

Damn I am awesome!! I figured out a way around it!! After carefull (all day ta boot!)
research, I found something that will work
like a charm for me. Perplexed??? EMS BABY!!
It's so funny because I was talkin to a fellow bro about this not too long ago, and
he swears by it! I am (with an easily obtainable script ;) going to order one of
these bad boys this week for like $400.
It's a little steep, but this thing goes
real deep into the muscle. I knew I would get
around it. My bro says once you use this thing, you WILL NOT WANT TO STOP! If some of you are wondering what EMS is, it stands for
ELECTRONIC MUSCLE STIMULATOR. The one I am
going for is a Russian unit that is crazy
powerful which is why I need a script. I am
SURE there will be no problem with this. It might not build much, but it will hold probably 90 to 95% of what I will have before
I go in for the nose cutting. Thanks DBT.

That's what they used on me to strengthen my seperated shoulder.

Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the commercial ones.

I'm wondering how you're gonna get a script for it, though.

BigAndy, How did it work for your shoulder?
The reason I need a script for this unit,
is because it is VERY powerful, and gets REAL
deep into the muscle. Of coarse I had to go
to my buds house (the dude who has one) last
night, and really check it out. The only thing I can say is "WOW!" He has a pretty old
unit, but strong as shit!! He put it on my
forearm, and started out real slow. I was like "This aint nothin" until he brought it
up a bit. WHOLLY SHIT! This thing grabbed my
muscle, and closed up my fist! He attributes
a LOT of his gains to the addition of this
unit to his program. The secret is NOT to use a steady current. That is what they use to treat pain. You use short BURSTS and that's
how you hit the muscle. I am psyched to get
one. I will start useing it immediately. He
said if you use this thing on your abs for
like 15 minutes, when you stand up, you feel
exhausted and burnin like crazy! I can't believe nobody here uses one. I also read something about Lee Haney useing one, and
that was one of his SECRET weapons (he felt).
I don't know, maybe I am gettin a little to
carried away, but If it help me keep what I
have earned (up to the end of May, when I think I will be gettin the oper.) I will be
happy.

The more I learn about this, the more psyched
I am getting! I just found out that this also
reduces lactic acid from forming after a workout. So, this would be IDEAL to use AFTER
a workout to ASSUALT the same muscle group that was just worked! Not only that, but after, you could even change the tempo to include a post-post workout massage!!! I can't wait!!!

guile...you shud be a salesman bro...keep me posted on your gains? and progress...o.k.i thought these things were just hyped bullshit,but perhaps you can change my mind on this one.

------------------
if you don't like it,get the fuck out!

Top Bottom