Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a non-symmetrical body...

JLowe02

The left side of my body is noticeably bigger than my right while flexed. This is most notable in the traps and shoulders. But the weird thing is that, the right side of my body is still stronger. Im assuming that i was so right handed that the left side of my body had to grow more to keep up, while i really wasnt stimulating as much growth in my right side.

now my questions is this: ive been doing isolation exercises with just my right side in hopes that it will grow back into proportion, but i kinda afraid that once i do this, my right side will be too much stronger than my left and i will be back to square one.

so what do you guys think is the best way to go about this.

Have you done measurements to see if it is really and imbalance? A lot of times one arm will peak differently and appear bigger than the other even if they are the same size.

As for your training don't isolate one side. It can cause you all sorts of issues. Train for your stronger side so if you need to do some forced reps with the other side so be it. Try doing barbell movements so that both sides get equal work.

Cheers,
Scotsman

yes ive done measurements, its clearly larger. my problem is that my smaller side is my stronger side. do you see the complication here?

[B24] said:
if it doesn't catch up through normal training, you most likely have weird, non symmetrical genetics...

dont worry about it itll probably sort itself out

pics?

na got no way of posting pics...i will take both of your advice tho and keep training normally, and wait a while to see if it sorts itself out. the more i look at myself the more it really doesnt look as bad as i initially thought, its still there however...

It could be a problem with some stabilizer muscles not firing or activating.

i found out a problem with my left knee, patellar tendonitis, is caused by stabilizer muscles not firing. Which causes my knee to feel wobbly or unstable, which has caused a strength and size imbalance between my left and right legs in the last few months. I am seeing a chiro for this and it seems to be improving so far.

Top Bottom