Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have to ask your thoughts on CrossFit

Its good all around work out for muscle strength, muscle endurance and aerobic exercise. People criticize it for not being the best work out for any of those things, but for a lot of people, that combination is the best compromise for a goal of moderate strength, cardio fitness and calorie burning for the amount of time spent.

yes this sums it up well. and as i said above its fun to compete against each other and race, good way to meet people, etc. gym rat setting you are usually in your own world, gets lonely sometimes :(

I've been doing crossfit for about 4 years. It's great, helped me with my conditioning, I got quicker, and I got slightly stronger. I say slightly because it was difficult to focus on my strength when everything is so high rep, even if I'd add more weight to lifts. I'm now in a strength program at the same gym, and I've noticed significant gains in both size and strength. I try to do a crossfit workout 1-2 times a week to keep my endurance up a little bit.

I think crossfit is pretty awesome for functional strength and staying in shape... but I don't think its something you want to do if you're looking to put on weight and add strength. I mean, I've personally done it and it whooped my ass. Its something different, its just doing whatever.

I don't agree with it at all. I think the risk of injury far out ways the positive benefits.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using EliteFitness

Crossfit is a terrible training method. All it does is wear you down to the point where you are burnt out and have injuries that end your lifting career. It is quite possibly worse then powerlifting for injury development.
Crossfit is just a fad that the mainstream media promotes.

But hey if you want to pay a couple hundred dollars a month to belong to a crossfit gym because its supposedly "superior" to traditional weight training then be my guest

I know its been asked but what are your thoughts on this type of workout? I have female friends that are wanting to lose weight but so far all they gained was muscle and its not what they want. They wont listen to me but am I wrong? Please set me straight if i am wrong.

Wrong about what???
You never stated your position on Crossfit.

Personally the WOD in some crossfit camps incorporate alot of cardio. It may be that the WOD's they are doing include alot of Olympic lifts instead of the cardio aspect of Crossfit. As long as the weight is manageable for the user, I don't see any issue with increased pase weight lifting. From the examples I've seen on youtube, The people doing the clean and presses for time (as an example) the weight was simply too heavy for them to keep their form. Crossfit seems like a really good idea to build strength and endurance. I would expect the muscle gain from the lifts however.

If weight loss is all that they want , why not try insanity , the mma workout or other such video which incorporate mostly bodyweight exercise?

Crossfit is a terrible training method. All it does is wear you down to the point where you are burnt out and have injuries that end your lifting career. It is quite possibly worse then powerlifting for injury development.
Crossfit is just a fad that the mainstream media promotes.

But hey if you want to pay a couple hundred dollars a month to belong to a crossfit gym because its supposedly "superior" to traditional weight training then be my guest

I don't see how crossfit is dangerous. Maybe the competitions are, because like any competition you are going to the limit, but for training, you just have to be smart enough to maintain form.

You don't need a crossfit gym to do crossfit type training.

Some of these Crossfit athletes are doing overhead squats with weights that I can't even deadlift. I've seen people get retarded strong doing crossfit. You'll probably lose a bit of size but I could assure you your functional strength will go through the roof

Also it's great for developing fast twitch muscles and explosive power. I would do it if I could afford all the training and equipment

Top Bottom