Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I hate when people do that little bounce while exercising.

DJ_UFO

Banned
What a bunch of assholes. 99% of the people at the gym do that. When they are standing doing lateral raises or bicep curls, they do that little bounce with their calves and knees at the end of the movement cheating themselves. I wonder if they realize that or it just comes natural... :evil:

And of course they do this like 2 feet from the mirror, blocking everyone else from the dumbells and making little hissing noises.

How exactly does that 'cheat' your muscle? Does your bicep know your calf moved.

I did arms today, and while curling the 60's I had a small bounce. No one said anything. I think I was blocking the DB rack the entire time.

Sorry, but bouncing is fine once you have a decent base. On isolation exercises load is more important the form. Not that swinging shit up is good, but a small bouce recieving the weight is fine, IMO.

uhhh...a slight bounce or momentum sway is needed when doing heavy barbell curls or heavy side laterals. sounds like you are watching people possibly do the exercise correctly.
try doing side laterals with 60s or 70s and not "bouncing".
stop complaining and concentrate on doing YOUR THING.

my point is sometimes the bounce is neccessary. especially when training heavy and hard. the 'bounce' at the top of the side lateral movement is also neccessary. the little duck under with your neck. quit nit picking.

factory46 said:
And of course they do this like 2 feet from the mirror, blocking everyone else from the dumbells and making little hissing noises.

I f-ing hate that. Especially when people are doing something like rear delts w/ dumbbells and are just bent over with their heads like 2 inches from the dumb bell racks. YOURE NOT EVEN HOLDING ONTO THE RACK!!! CAN'T YOU JUST BACK UP 3 FEET?! HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION F-CKERS!

ace of spades said:
I f-ing hate that. Especially when people are doing something like rear delts w/ dumbbells and are just bent over with their heads like 2 inches from the dumb bell racks. YOURE NOT EVEN HOLDING ONTO THE RACK!!! CAN'T YOU JUST BACK UP 3 FEET?! HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION F-CKERS!

Sorry that was me, I though you'd enjoy the view from behind :qt:

al420 said:
How exactly does that 'cheat' your muscle? Does your bicep know your calf moved.

I did arms today, and while curling the 60's I had a small bounce. No one said anything. I think I was blocking the DB rack the entire time.

Sorry, but bouncing is fine once you have a decent base. On isolation exercises load is more important the form. Not that swinging shit up is good, but a small bouce recieving the weight is fine, IMO.

according to Dj-ufo your an "asshole" :qt:

msam76 said:
Stupidity comes natural...that is why the world is full of idiots.

people that make wholesale assumptions about all of humanity are idiots

dont you think?

Top Bottom