Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I found a hill to sprint

SL whats ur routine like brah?

My routine is pretty fucking basic and bare bones. I work ~50 hours a week, plus juggle a girlfriend and other obligations. My time is crunched so I try to make the most of it.

I'll train three times per week and rotate through a four day split. I alternate upper/lower and typically take a day of rest between each day.

Day 1
Deads - 5's and 3's with the occasional single or high(er) rep back off set
DB walking lunges 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps per leg
Hanging leg raise 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
I super set the lunges and leg raises to save time

Day 2
Military press - 5-6 sets of 8-3 reps
Dips 3-4 sets sometimes max rep BW and sometimes weighted low(er) reps
Chins - sets of 8-10 between every lift. My goal for this day is 60 total reps
face pulls or rear delt raises 3 sets until I can't stand the pump any longer hah

Day 3
Squats - 5-6 sets of 8-3 reps
weighted 45 degree back raise or weighted hypers. I focus more on my hams than low back here. Usually 3-4 sets of what ever reps lol
Weighted sit ups or pull down abs 3-4 sets, again I super set these with the back extensions to save time

Day 4
Incline DB press 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps
CGBP or Incline extension/press 3-4 sets of 5-8 reps
DB rows 3-5 sets of 8-15 reps
Chins, again I'll hit a set between all exercise until I get 40 reps. 100 reps total per week is the goal.
I might throw a set or two of curls and extension in on this day.

I do some sort of conditioning pwo every training day. Sprints, hill sprints, sled sprints, sled drags and sled pushes. I'll hit some pwo LISS too if the weather is crappy, which it has been the last few training days. My squats are in the shitter form all the conditioning. I hit 315 for 5 last week and it was a fucking true 5RM lol I'm hoping my squats will gradually rise, but I'm not betting on it until I cut back on the conditioning. My deads have not really suffered much strangely enough.

I'm on a slight caloric deficit too. I'm basically doing an intermittent fast a few times per week where I fast for 16 hours and eat for 8. I'm liking this so much I might start doing it every day.

Read about intermittent fasting here...... The Leangains Guide | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health This shit is so fucking pimp. It really makes my life so much easier.

damn thats a cool routine bro. Im also for full body type workouts now. I feel so pumped up and then flat all week when i do individual bodyparts. I dont believe we were meant to isolate lifts so much. Then again i train for strength and not for size.

that fasting is the real deal. I remember guardian used to do that and he loved it, he looked awesome as well.

i cant believe you did 315x5 as a true 5RM, is it because you got injured recently? I just put up 405x5 but im on cycle. Also just did a 385 bench. Ima try 455 squat on friday

damn thats a cool routine bro. Im also for full body type workouts now. I feel so pumped up and then flat all week when i do individual bodyparts. I dont believe we were meant to isolate lifts so much. Then again i train for strength and not for size.

that fasting is the real deal. I remember guardian used to do that and he loved it, he looked awesome as well.

i cant believe you did 315x5 as a true 5RM, is it because you got injured recently? I just put up 405x5 but im on cycle. Also just did a 385 bench. Ima try 455 squat on friday

lol

It wasnt a true 5RM, but it sure felt close. I've hit 425 for a triple a while back and 315 for sets of 10-12 were not out of the norm.

My weakness is a result of some form of sprints 3x a week for the past month. I hit the gym to squat and my legs are wobbly with 135 haha

I'm hoping to adjust. I might end up cutting down the sprint volume though.

lol

It wasnt a true 5RM, but it sure felt close. I've hit 425 for a triple a while back and 315 for sets of 10-12 were not out of the norm.

My weakness is a result of some form of sprints 3x a week for the past month. I hit the gym to squat and my legs are wobbly with 135 haha

I'm hoping to adjust. I might end up cutting down the sprint volume though.

oh damn those are some sick numbers...i didnt realize u were doing that many sprints bro! u must be in hella good sjape when r u postin some pics :D

oh damn those are some sick numbers...i didnt realize u were doing that many sprints bro! u must be in hella good sjape when r u postin some pics :D

Trying to get into good shape :D

The sprints are still new to me. That's part of the reason my lifts are suffering. I'm still trying to adjust.

Top Bottom