Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't do wide grip pull-ups

bigguns7

After doing this exercise for two months, the most wide grip - palms out pull-ups I can do is six. I've been growing and getting stronger in all my other back exercises except this one. Anyone have any tips?

Well, since you growing the resistance is increasing due to the extra bodyweight. So even if you can only do the same number of reps, its with more weight so you are improving.

Try adding a small amount of weight say five or ten pounds and try to get three or so reps. After 3 weeks or so of this take the weights off and see how many you can do. Don't worry if you can only get one or two just keep at it.

The first tip is make sure this is your first exercise of the day. If you preexhaust your muscles... you aren't going to get many reps.

Second tip... stick with it. It will come.

Third tip... be proud you can do six. Most people can't do any.

Sofa George
The first tip is make sure this is your first exercise of the day. If you preexhaust your muscles... you aren't going to get many reps.

Also don't do sets do 50 and however long that it takes you to complete them that is how long you will be at the pull bar.

When doing them don't swing use only your biceps and back. Hold at the top for a count of 1001 and 1 come down twice as slow as you went up pause for a half second at the bottom. Do them that way and I bet you the in couple of weeks you will she major gains.

jus' tellin' it like it is...

Wide? How wide?

Really wide grip doesn´t activate the entire lat, rather the fibers located at the edge of the lat. (hence the batwing flap you see on bbers)

aurelius said:
Wide? How wide?

Really wide grip doesn´t activate the entire lat, rather the fibers located at the edge of the lat. (hence the batwing flap you see on bbers)

What pullup activates the entire lat?

Shoulder width or just outside pull ups activate nearly all fibers of the lat. So does the Scott cable pull. Just started using those myself.

When I said wide, I meant hands at the extreme edges of the pull down bar.

What the crap?! We can selectively activate certain fibers of our latissimus dorsi through hand placement variation now? When did this happen? Why was I not made aware of this earlier?

one thing is dont go at them half ass, thinking about how bad you suck at them. Attack them like you do your other lifts! A lot of lifting is attitude man...get em

bbuniv1.jpg

Top Bottom