Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I ate potatoes before my workout today and...........

Golden_Muscle

I worked shoulder and triceps and I got suck a huge pump that my arms measured close to 20", normally 19.6. It was such a pump it actually hurt to walk with my arms to my sides, I had to keep them up like I was carring barrels under my arms so that they could circulate! i guess potatoes give you a big spike.

I get a 3/8" pump from doing triceps and 1/4" from biceps yet have heard others who get much more blood in thier muscles than I do, so 4/10" of an inch isn't all that much really, my arms are 18 1/8" cold.

I usually eat 2-3 potatos and eggs before each workout. About 5 eggs and three potatos. It gives me incredible energy during my workout, and I find if I miss that meal, my gym work suffers for it. All those carbs are good for you! :p

Potatos are the best, I use potato flakes for convience. Possibly not quite as good but still ok

yep, potatoes rule for carbing up pre or post work out. alot of guys at my gym talk about carb loading with pasta but because they are complex carohydrates it takes a long while to get into your system. so unless your loading up the night before like long distance runners pasta isnt gonna help your workout. potato starch is a simple carb and enters the system almost immediatly. it works for me.

you guys ever think of a bagel that has lots of carbs in it. might be a little better than a potato considering the carbs in a bagel would not take as long as a potato to go throughtout your system. just a thought i usually have a good workout when i eat a bagel and turkey sandwich or protein bar about 30 min before lifting. its helped so far finally did 350 on the bench for 3 reps, 225 on military for 3 and squats 450 for 5-6, alright the last line was just for me to let my head get a little bigger.

Years ago i used to cut me up a potato and put it in a ziplock bag before training and take it to the gym and eat it in between sets would have so much enengy that i hated to leave the gym back in the overtraining days lol. But you have to chew that stuff very good or you might get a stomach ache and try not to drink water with it because it wont break down correctly.

pittbull2 said:
Years ago i used to cut me up a potato and put it in a ziplock bag before training and take it to the gym and eat it in between sets would have so much enengy that i hated to leave the gym back in the overtraining days lol. But you have to chew that stuff very good or you might get a stomach ache and try not to drink water with it because it wont break down correctly.

If I tried to eat potatoes during my workout, I would puke 5 times a week. But, when I'm lifting off season, as heavy as possible, I always have either a large baked potato or oatmeal about 90-120 minutes before every workout, keeps me from running out, even with only 40 minutes sesions. When ever I missed that meal, I could tell.

Has anyone ever tried injecting potatoe, i heard it gives you freaky vascularity, look like fuckin roots.

shooting potatos? no way man! i inject protien directly into my muscles! hurts like a mofo getting protien powder into your bicep but hey theres a reason i've got 72'' biceps :p :p ;) ;)

Top Bottom