Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Am Stuck

blueray4

I'm 20 years old, and been lifting for 5 years. 6' 205 lbs. For the first 4 years I was lifting seasonally for sports, lifting heavy in the winter, moderately in spring/fall, and none in the summer. My biceps and chest got bigger, but theres still alot of flab I wanted to get rid of or turn into muscle. This last year, however, i've been lifting constantly, at least 4x a week. But there seems to be no results ever since. My body seems to be exactly how I left it a year ago. Physique is the most important to me, but I still would like to have power. Here is my routine.

Day 1
4 x 8 Bench
4 x 8 Inclined bench
4 x 8 declined bench
3 x 10 dumbell flies
3 x 10 butterfly press

Day 2
3 x 10 tricep ext.
3 x 10 lat pulldown
4 x 8 military press
3 x 15 seated rows
3 x 10 bicep curls

I throw in squats and leg press exc's when I feel up to it.

I usually use the gym at school, but now I'm home for the summer and using a Smith home gym. I also have a punching bag and I go on runs for cardio.

I think the biggest thing wrong is my routine, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, are supplements necessary for exceptional results, because I never used them and don't plan on using them.

wtf are butterfly presses?!?! omg..

dude.. do yourself a favour and go read the sticky at the top of this board.. the one which say "if you're new.. etc etc.."

u will find your answers there.. if after that u feel u still have questions feel free to ask.. :)

Dude, Seriously....You are doing way too much for your chest and very little for anything else. If you wanna look like 99.9% of every other guy in the gym keep doing what you are doing and you too can become a lightbulb.

Yes food and supplements are very important and are usually the cause of not growing. read a few more posts of other peoples training and diet and then post back with more detail in your training and diet.

stay strong bro.

Has the scale moved up consistently over the past year? If not, you aren't eating enough and you won't grow no matter what the routine. Simple.

Your "routine" is pretty terrible though too, so that's working against you. Read the sticky. Pounding away at your chest is good for maybe a handful of pounds, max. Add some size / strength to your back, hips, legs, and shoulder girdle (not just the chest), and you'll see some results.

Top Bottom