Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am posting a program I am considering....I'd like all the input possible

BigT

I am getting ready for my last season of college football and I am going to step everything up a notch....here is the training program I think I will be using....

Workout 1
Squat 3 sets of 2-5...1 drop set

Incline 3 sets of 2-5....1 drop set on flat bench

Overhead Press 3 sets of 2-5...1 drop set

Leg Curls 3 sets of 6-12

3-5 sets for bis and 3-5 sets for tris

Workout 2
Close Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 6-10

Barbell or Dumbell Rows 3 sets of 3-6

Seated Rows/Chins Superset of each exercise to failure

Shrugs 3 sets of 6-10

I would like to get a day or 2 of rest between workout 1 and 2 and a few days until I feel 100% before workout 2 and repeating the cycle....The reason I am doing my drop set on flat bench is because I am tested with reps on 225 on flats and I want to keep my feel for it...but I believe inclines are a better exercise....any suggestions, comments, or input is more than welcome and will be appreciated.

Check out www.elitefitnesssystems.com; several articles on training. I can speak from pesonal experience their type of training will make you explosive. Just a thought.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

that routine looks pretty good to me. I like the way you work incline and shoulders. Being in football, you use those motions alot (especially if you're a lineman). I was playing ball for a while and that was the main lift the coaches wanted us to focus on. Good Luck in the next season!!!

3 workouts would be better (i think)...... if you work chest and legs on the same day....ive heard it can work...... but i have always found problems with trying to get blood to opposite ends of the body......

but if it works for you....... then hit it untill you puke ....... get up and keep going.

Big T,

What position are you playing?

I played O-Line at U of Nebraska and we had quite a different workout than that. Here's a couple of things they drilled in our heads:

1) Who gives a shit about bench, incline, and bicep curls. These lifts don't help you do anything football related.

2? All lifts should involve multiple joints in the exercise.

3) Only do lifts that place you directly between the ground and the weights.

4) Since you play football on your feet, do lifts that are on your feet.

5) Explosive exercises to the millionth power!!!!

6) Squats and any variation of them.

7) Cleans and any variation of them.

8) Vertical jumps, plys, and sprints.

If you are playing line, you will want to up your reps to 6-8 for 3 or 4 sets. Other positions, try 8-10 reps for 4 to 5 sets.

Good luck and let me know if you want more details.

Top Bottom