Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am not a powerlifter, but have a problem

PerfectTemple

I am a bodyduilder, not a powerlifter, but i believe in the basic lifts heavily. I do not have a strong chest, and my form shows this, as i only bench around 225 for max, but i can deadlift 430, and squat 450. Is this normal, because you would think that is out of sync somehow, has anyone else had problems as such

same here, max= DL: 510, Squat: 445, Bench: 305lbs.

I use mostly dumbell flyes for chest as my delts are overpowering, and I believe that to be the reason I'm not as strong on bench as I'd like to be. (overpowering shoulders)

keep pounding away on your chest and triceps, and look up how to do a powerlifting style bench.

with BB form on bench my max is only about 250-260.

Are those deadlift stats strap assisted. I to have the same problem, deadlift 180 x 5
squat (to the floor) 140 x 5 and can only bench 125 for a single. It gets even worse on incline bench were my best lift is 90 x 4.
I cant even bench 100 for a single.

I have seen many posts on here regarding lagging lifts ie: Bench Press. To be honest, I would not pay to much credance to actual poundage, rather, be honest with yourself and evaluate how your pecs look. If you can squat 500lb and only bench 225lb, so what. If your chest looks like you bench 350lb your good as gold. Weight is a # and a number only, look in the mirror, thats the real jury. LOL

Don't worry about it, man. If you're not a powerlifter, then poundage is useless unless you actually look deficient in one area or another. Training for a balanced physique is a completely different ballgame than training for balanced numbers in the big three. Think of it this way: Most dedicated powerlifters have good balance as far as their max lifts in the big three, but have very unbalanced physiques. Again...don't worry about it, bro.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

if you realy want to up your bench press try some negatives ,pauses,and lock outs ,if you have any questions just ask one of the big benchers at your gym,they prob. incorparate these lifts in there programs
hope ive helped
ph21

------------------
be careful of the toes you step on today,because they might be attached to the foot thats kicking your ass tomorrow

Lots of people struggle with the bench and I am one of them. (325 or so at 215)

One thing I have found over the years is that I was going into near max zone EVERY week and was basically doing too much. I cut way back in my reps and added rest time and my bench is slowly moving up. Go in with a plan and do less better, you cant do the same thing week in week ut and expect to progress. (not that you are)

best of luck!

------------------
31494786.jpg

We cover the World's STRONGEST Sports!
PowerMag™ Magazine

Top Bottom