Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am eating twice a day still cant lose weight

twinning65

I run and do yoga. Eat 2 healthy meals a day but somehow I am gaining weight. How can I do the opposite and lose weight ??

You are in starvation mode. You're body is panicking and holding food as fat to survive.

Start by eating 6 small meals a day. It also makes a big difference WHAT you eat.

What are you eating in a day?

it depends on WHAT you are eating, drinking, WHEN you eat, there is a lot of factors.

be more specific as to what you are eating exactly. if you eat mcdonalds twice a day you aren't gonna lose weight

every meathead on here will tell you eat more meals (how illogical is that idea?) lol.. if you eat twice a day or 20X a day your metabolism is the same at the end of the day. it doesn't work like that.

when you fast for hours during the day people think their metabolism slows down cause they feel colder.. No, it has nothing to do with slower metabolism as the gurus believe. It is actually due to vasoconstriction and hydration issues. These both will go away once you break your fast and having this symptom means you are deep into your fast. Because of this you may not want to fast during the super hot OR super cold times of the year where you live if applicable.

You are in starvation mode. You're body is panicking and holding food as fat to survive.

you have things reversed

when you have frequent meals your body stores fat for future use since your insulin levels stay high and your glucagon stays low

you either put your body in fat burning mode or fat storing mode. eating from 7am to 10pm every 2 hours puts you in storage mode that entire time.

eating less frequent meals spread out puts your body into fat burning mode for more hours

the difference between a person holding 30% fat and one holding 8% fat isn't that 1 has more metabolism than the other.. it is years of fat storing and homeostasis. it is hard to BREAK THAT overnight. if you been fat for the past 20 years it will take longer than a couple weeks of eating twice a day to change that

ironically you are right though our bodies DO go into panic mode when we don't eat for a long period.. but that is more like 3-4 days of fasting. that is why your bp and HR gets elevated, your adrenaline goes SKY HIGH. your body goes into ketosis and is in a flight or fight mode. so essentially your metabolism gets FASTER during fasting, and not slower. how do i know? cause i did it and lost a shit ton of weight! I didn't gain weight lol.

Last edited:
you have things reversed

when you have frequent meals your body stores fat for future use since your insulin levels stay high and your glucagon stays low

you either put your body in fat burning mode or fat storing mode. eating from 7am to 10pm every 2 hours puts you in storage mode that entire time.

eating less frequent meals spread out puts your body into fat burning mode for more hours

the difference between a person holding 30% fat and one holding 8% fat isn't that 1 has more metabolism than the other.. it is years of fat storing and homeostasis. it is hard to BREAK THAT overnight. if you been fat for the past 20 years it will take longer than a couple weeks of eating twice a day to change that

ironically you are right though our bodies DO go into panic mode when we don't eat for a long period.. but that is more like 3-4 days of fasting. that is why your bp and HR gets elevated, your adrenaline goes SKY HIGH. your body goes into ketosis and is in a flight or fight mode. so essentially your metabolism gets FASTER during fasting, and not slower. how do i know? cause i did it and lost a shit ton of weight! I didn't gain weight lol.

I will elaborate; in MY experience, 6 meals per day (properly measured & customized) got me stage ready as well as keeping me from gaining no more than minimal fat in offseason.

How are you timing your meals? I only eat two "meals" per day, but I eat a lot of calories. I fast from 8pm until 12pm. Once I break my fast, I eat all of the calories I need based on my goals in that 8 hour window. I can bulk or cut while doing this. Intermittent fasting keeps my body burning fat as fuel much more efficiently.

It doesn't matter how many times a day you eat if you eat too much and/or do not exercise enough.

I will elaborate; in MY experience, 6 meals per day (properly measured & customized) got me stage ready as well as keeping me from gaining no more than minimal fat in offseason.

brother you are right, and i know you are a jacked MFer, but we aren't talking about what a bodybuilder should eat. that is a different topic

we are talking about what someone who is fat should eat. i have no doubt that the 6 meal a day chicken/rice/brocolli diet works perfect for a meathead with great genetics who is using roids. but for the avg american it won't work.

the thing is if the OP ate what ronnie coleman ate he would simply get fat. so would 99% of us mere mortals.

think about it this way 50 years ago americans ate 2 meals a day, MAYBE 3 at most. there was no snacking. and barely anyone was obese.

now kids are taught to eat breakfast or else, schools make them take a snack to school, they eat lunch, they eat another snack, and they come home and parents get them a big dinner. that is 5-6 meals. and what is the result? we have kids getting type 2 diabetes when 50 years ago it never even existed.

and the kicker is we exercise more than any other country in the world by far. we got a gym on every corner, kids are in sports, adults walk/jog in every neighborhood. so we can't blame lack of exercise. it is 100% how we are eating

Top Bottom