Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hypertrophy or Starr/Ripp

Bretmj1

What ya think? They seem to me like they are in for the same ultimate goal, but are there any big difference? Does one support a more definitive conclusion in results then the other?

Bretmj1 said:
What ya think? They seem to me like they are in for the same ultimate goal, but are there any big difference? Does one support a more definitive conclusion in results then the other?

Getting good on big lifts induces hypertrophy......training for soreness or a pump flushes blood into a muscle and you feel swollen for a few hours, but it doen't contribute to long-term gains.

BiggT said:
Getting good on big lifts induces hypertrophy......training for soreness or a pump flushes blood into a muscle and you feel swollen for a few hours, but it doen't contribute to long-term gains.

100% behind BigT, hes the one that pursuaded me me to really DROP the isolation bullshit. EVEN when i started the 5x5 i wanted to include some isolation work, even then big steared be clear...

now im loving the 5x5 and wont look back to isoaltion work...

fallingeggs said:
i am with mm107... i love the 5x5. i do not do any iso work anymore and my lifts are moving up faster then ever.

Alright, another question then. Will this contribute to lean muscle mass in all places that isolation work would? If you could explain that would be wonderful! :)

Bret

Bretmj1 said:
Alright, another question then. Will this contribute to lean muscle mass in all places that isolation work would? If you could explain that would be wonderful! :)

Bret

Weight training and progressively getting stronger provides a stimulus for growth, it gives your muscles a reason to get bigger......how 'lean' you are depends on diet, and genetics.....but if you're concerned about looking like a 'fat powerlifter' lol, don't worry, bench bellies are made in the kitchen, not the weightroom.

More directly related to your question, at the end of the week you can add in 3 sets for biceps and triceps to isolate them a little bit, but the body grows wonderfully through improving compound lifts in a non neural rep range (basically anything 4 reps or higher).....your body will not blow up too much out of proportion, if you want big arms, you are going to have to get bigger......this is why the Abercrombie kids who do nothing but curls and iso garbage do not grow at all, if the reverse were true they would be sporting 20" arms on their 150lb geek bodies.

Honestly, man, all I can say is give it a shot....MM107 and SgtSlaughter are 2 up and coming studs, check out their journals as they are making incredible gains in a short period after recently starting the classic '5x5' workout.

I have a journal on here.....it is a little different than the classic routine, but you can see the underlying principles of progression on big lifts......also, don't take this the wrong way, I am NOT doing this to be an ass and gain approval, lol, I am doing it to prove a point, you seem on the fence and I want you to give this type of training an honest try and see it through without freaking out and ruining everything with excess iso-crap.....look through my journal, between my current one and the old one (which is linked on the first post) it dates back to about early-April, look how much I isolate biceps, maybe curls or hammer curls for 3-5 sets once a week IF that, I will post a biceps shot, I am not Ronnie Coleman or anything, but I have never had anybody accuse me of needing more direct arm work.......

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f...ent=Summer06005.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Would anyone be able to help me form this new program ruitine? I guess I may be a tad confused on how to set it all up, or perhaps something with maddog? Also, i'm a bit sick of my 15in biceps, I'm headed for more like 17-18in, that sounds nice :) Thanks!

Top Bottom