Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hypertrophy or Starr/Ripp

BiggT said:
Getting good on big lifts induces hypertrophy......training for soreness or a pump flushes blood into a muscle and you feel swollen for a few hours, but it doen't contribute to long-term gains.

i can't gain size unless i add strength to my big lifts. I usually do a really heavy single or double at the end of my sets. Some people don't like singles and doubles but it really works for me. Plus i think arnold said in his book he liked doing really heavy singles.

I think there's a recipricol relationship, though. Added mass will support further strength gains as well. That's when you have to give the cookie cutter a break and decide how much repetition work will help you reach your goals faster. Of course biggt's example skews the picture toward the exceptionally gifted but he practices what he preaches. Others wont find the situation so well defined.

I was chatting with a friend the other day about Starr 5x5 and I guess it made me question a bit on how exactly those core workouts work all the necessary muscles to make you one sexy beast. What about lower back, and calves, and traps, delts? Dont those need to be worked separately?

Bretmj1 said:
I was chatting with a friend the other day about Starr 5x5 and I guess it made me question a bit on how exactly those core workouts work all the necessary muscles to make you one sexy beast. What about lower back, and calves, and traps, delts? Dont those need to be worked separately?
I'll hit everything you asked:

Deadlifts, Rowing: will hit lower back (spinal erectors) ... if you don't notice it you're doing them wrong.

Squats & Increased Body weight: will make calves larger

Traps and delts: Rowing and Benching

they're called "accessorie" muscles... pick up a bottle of water, using your bicep to bring it to your mouth.. but your Front Deltiod makes the lift possible...

Again, it's a change of pace from the "norm." ... you don't have to train like this and i'm not here to "SELL" you. just trying to educate you.

Sexy Beast = Diet on POINT.

Training will just bring out ...initially how ever your genetics are programmed to make you grow... then you tweak once you put on a good amount of muscle to put more muscle where you want it.

Top Bottom