Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hurt wrist benching

23CALIBRO

has anyone expirenced this, it pain on that nub on your wrist right below your thumb., its painful to grip anything, and i figure its pulled tendons or muscle there. it surprised me cause the weight was hella light only 205, i was only on my warm up set and my day was over.

23CALIBRO said:
has anyone expirenced this, it pain on that nub on your wrist right below your thumb., its painful to grip anything, and i figure its pulled tendons or muscle there. it surprised me cause the weight was hella light only 205, i was only on my warm up set and my day was over.

The injury is bad news, of course.
Recovery will probably inlude lots of icing and taping the wrist before you lift again.

I do a lot of wrist curls both palms up and down for prevention. Also, stretching by placing my palms on the wall at a high mark and then slowly working my way down.

what we looking at doc week, two weeks, amonth..... i usually do a nice stretching rotine, but i half assed it and got fucked.... so ice and should i do some moderate stretching walls perhaps.

23CALIBRO said:
what we looking at doc week, two weeks, amonth..... i usually do a nice stretching rotine, but i half assed it and got fucked.... so ice and should i do some moderate stretching walls perhaps.

Go easy. The damage point is very small and right near the skin. You can do some gentle massage with a finger tip on the hot spot. You'll find it easily.

Tape it with cloth tape like a fighter uses, not ace. You'll prevent further injury and the wrist will be super supported.

mines did and do still , kinda. they always fucked me up. I'm benching almost 280 right now and sometimes it feels like my wrists will give out. do that hockey exersize for your wrists cause it works.

kish said:
mines did and do still , kinda. they always fucked me up. I'm benching almost 280 right now and sometimes it feels like my wrists will give out. do that hockey exersize for your wrists cause it works.

Would u mind telling me what hockey exercise you are talking about? I screwed up my right wrist last month doing close-grip bench presses. I am currently using a wrist support band but I would love to know how to prevent this injury from happening again.

Also experiencing this with my left wrist. It has gotten worse over the last few weeks and has become extremely painful. I will try icing it. I have been using deep heat and rubbing that in. Should i cease doing this?

loco75_dfw said:
Would u mind telling me what hockey exercise you are talking about? I screwed up my right wrist last month doing close-grip bench presses. I am currently using a wrist support band but I would love to know how to prevent this injury from happening again.

keeping your hands about 12-14 inches apart, or anything as close to that feels comfortable to you, on the bar. alot of people experience pain in their wrists in CG because they have their hand position too close.

hows your wrist calibro? its been over a month for me.. and its still fucken extremely painful to lift anything. Ive taken the last week off but i dont notice alot of difference. Ive been icing it and also using deep heat. Nothing seems to work.

Top Bottom