Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hurt my back doing SLDL's, now what?

mrzap

I had some leftover DOMs from a prior deadlift workout earlier in the week, but I did another session of SLDL's anyway. My form must have been off or something because now I have pain in my lower back whenever I try and do any type of static hold going down into that butt-out-bentover movement. It also hurts to hyperextend backwards.

I saw a chiropracter yesterday. He adjusted me and I got a massage which REALLY helped, but I still have some pain.

He took Xrays which we are going to check out tomorrow. He thinks I may have pushed a vertebrae into a nerve when hyperextending back between reps. The chiro powerlifts himself so that is cool :)

How long should I stay away from lower back type exercises you think?

In the meantime, what exercises can I safely do for legs so I don't atrophy?

It all depends on how much pain you are in or can tolerate. You could try some squats later in the week and just see how they feel. Were you going heavy on straight legs?

Active Recovery bro.

Reverse Hypers. Lots of them.
Stretching.
Ice, heat.
Massage Icy Hot.

You'll be good to go in a couple days. Maybe sooner.

Is your chiropracter Franco Columbu? lol

Stretch as much as you can without killing yourself. If it's nothing serious, it should heal in a few days.

Top Bottom