Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hrv

speedydice19

Are any of you guys familiar with HRV? Heart Rate Variability. I have a couple friends who base the way they train on results from HRV. The concept seems pretty legit in terms of knowing how well your body is recovered after training and giving an indication on the kind of training you should do that day. I believe its all about the central nervous system and how it recovers from heavy lifts or high intensity work.

It's a made up term. However, the idea is thus: you measure the average. Then if, having trained hard it's higher than normal you rest more etc etc And yes it's to do with the impact of hard training on recovery and the CNS

Yeah Steve again hit the nail on the head. It can indicate if your body has recovered and you can get a baseline to know what intensity you should be training that day.

i think that is what orange fitness is all about.

i think it is overthinking.. this theory of 'recovery' gets bantered around a lot.. bottom line is to recover it isn't about what you 'take' or 'eat' or 'drink' .. i mean if you believe the shit you see you NEED something after a workout to recover, that is where supp companies scare you into buying some post workout scam shake.

you want to recover you gotta SLEEP.. rest and repair is the #1 thing

I say to try all different kinds of training. Keeps it interesting and works the body in different ways. I don't think any form of training is "better" than the next.

Top Bottom