Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hows this program look!

primobone

Havent really posted on hear much but have been reading for a long time and am very knowdegeable when it comes to training for football and powerlifting. I am a raw trainer as well until im completely done with fb, which probably wont be for at least 5 more years if all goes well(college ball soon!). anyways heres my workout:Westside exercise sets, reps

Sunday(M.E.) Cleans 4x3
Front Squats 6, 4, 2
G.M 3x5, 3x3, max
G.H. 4x10 (slow ecc)
R.H. 3x10 (slow ecc)
Chins 14,10,8,6
sit-ups 3x12
side bend 2x20, 1x15
med ball 4x f,oh,l,p
GPP/jump rope 4 sets/4x100
wheelbarrow 6x100, 250

Monday(M.E.) Push Jerks 4x3
S.U 2x10
Incline Press 3x5, 3x3, max
Dips 3x10(weight)
Face pull 3x15
Cuban Press 3x8
pull down abs 3x15
twist 3x20
neck 3x15
Skill Set 1, 2 or 3
truck push 2x40

Tuesday/Thursday Pylos 2x xsu, hj, bj, cj, stj
SID/ 10,20,40,60 10x10, 6x20, 4x40, 6x60
agilities

Wednesday(D.E.) Snatches 4x3
Box squats 10x2 at 50%
G.H. 2x15, 2x5 weighted
One leg squats 4x10
Barbell rows 4x6
Barbell Shrugs 3x15
sit-ups 3x12
side bend 2x20, 1x15
med ball 4x f, oh, l, p
GPP/jump rope 4sets/ 4x100
wheelbarrow 6x100, 250

Friday(D.E.) Lunge 3x5
Side Lunge 2x10
Bench Press 10x3 at 60%, 3 grips
push ups 3x8, 70
standing press 3x5
lateral raises 3x8
neck 3x15
pull down abs 3x15
twist 3x20
Skill Set 1, 2 or 3
truck push 2x40

Saturday OFF

I also have recently have ordered some light bands and was wondering if they would be good for bench or squat speed days as well. Here are my current maxes: 515 squat, 510 deadlift, 350 bench(this sucks). I am also currently 5'10 213 at 13% for a size compaision. Thanks for you input gentlemen.

It looks like a very comprehensive program. However IMHO, it looks like too much, too often. I think you need more rest days in there, especially if your going to mix in plyometric training, skill sets and strongman simulations with your weight training. Remember: Training is the stimulus for growth & strength increases, but growth actually occurs during your "down" time.

If you are still just in high school then your lifts are well above average. Very impressive. Keep up the good work.

thanks for your input screwball, and yes it is alo and sometimes i feel wore down at the weekend, sometimes i break the workouts up and do running parts in the morning for example. Very strenuous though indeed as i am more endophormic/mesophormic and still losing bf if i dont eat round 4000 cals per day.

http://elitefts.com/documents/westside_training_football.htm

http://elitefts.com/documents/extra-workouts-for-the-off-season-football-player.htm

I would have to agree with Screwball...that is way too much work at one time. Not knowing you...perhaps your GPP is high enough for you to handle that volume. But you would be much better off splitting it into more than one session per day if possible.

Your weight sessions should have about 4 or 5 exercises. Pick the exercises that you NEED...don't just do things to do them. In your set up you have a couple exercises BEFORE your max effort work....unless these are serving as warmups I would advise against it.

All the medicine ball work and plyometrics should be seperate from your "gym" work. If you are in High School...hopefully you are taking "Weight Class"...so you can get your work done during school hours...and then do an extra session later at night.

I would have to know more about your goals...and time you have to work with before I could make any more recommendations....if you have any questions..feel free to PM me.

I know "some stuff"

Hannibal said:
http://elitefts.com/documents/westside_training_football.htm

http://elitefts.com/documents/extra-workouts-for-the-off-season-football-player.htm

I would have to agree with Screwball...that is way too much work at one time. Not knowing you...perhaps your GPP is high enough for you to handle that volume. But you would be much better off splitting it into more than one session per day if possible.

Your weight sessions should have about 4 or 5 exercises. Pick the exercises that you NEED...don't just do things to do them. In your set up you have a couple exercises BEFORE your max effort work....unless these are serving as warmups I would advise against it.

All the medicine ball work and plyometrics should be seperate from your "gym" work. If you are in High School...hopefully you are taking "Weight Class"...so you can get your work done during school hours...and then do an extra session later at night.

I would have to know more about your goals...and time you have to work with before I could make any more recommendations....if you have any questions..feel free to PM me.

I know "some stuff"

actually, i think his program is based on the training of the highly successful programs of John Davies, (www.renegadetraining.com). a renegade cannot overtrain, he just outworks everyone else. primobone's program is primarily for football and a football game is long and brutal, so thats what you've got to do in trianing.

primobone - the program looks good, but you might want to add some sprints in (you might need to cut the volume a little for this) because sprinting is obviously important in football. a good way to do this is after run through the agility ladder along with various other agility/running drills (sorry i wasnt sure if you included this on tues/thurs "agilities"). make sure get a lot of glutamine and bcaa too along with a lot of food and sleep. dont neglect flexibility either. the bands would also be a good idea. check out the renegade trainging for football book at dragondoor.com - the digital book is availible now but the softcover doesnt come out till the 20th

-kyle

Top Bottom