Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How young can you start the kids?

plugplug2

I was curious to see opinions on when kids should start lifting weights? I was wondering when is the safest age to start.

i would get kids involved in sports at a young age.. a lot of parents like them playing soccer or baseball cause those are safer sports.

tackle football at any age is retarded. and so is hockey if hitting is allowed.. i wouldn't let my kids play either sorry

weight training can be perfectly safe if done correctly. i started at 14 and got super serious at 15/16. looking back i would have NOT done jerks overhead, that is a great way to start damaging discs

I mean you can start doing exercise with your kids early but in terms of liting heavy weight 14-15 I think is safe to start.

Personally I wouldn't set any strict age limit as long s as you're using good form and technique.

My oldest is 11 and I have started him. Now, he isnt lifting any significant weight but it is just about getting him familiar with the gym environment. He asked me to do it. I never push anything on my kids. For example, last chest day I had him using a straight curl bar for bench press. It probably weighs 10lbs.

Top Bottom