Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How would you wider waist/bigger obliques?

sycv

Hi

What excercises - weighted or not - would you use to increase your waist size or obliques?

Because currently i have a small waist but wide hips, i believe training obliques would equal this out, no?

Thanks

Heavy DB and BB sidebends for sets of 6-8.

Suitcase deadlifts.

Sidebends with a BB on your back. Load the bar up on one side and use two collars.

There's my favorite: Russian twists

There's different variations. You can use a plate, some dumbells or a medicine ball. You can do them on an incline or decline bench, or on a GHR machine/roman chair. Or you can do them standing by wedging a barbell in the corner like for T-bar rows.

The key is to keep your reps at no more than 15 whatever exercise you choose otherwise muscle growth won't occur. If your sets get too easy just increase the weight.

Heavy DB and BB sidebends for sets of 6-8.

Suitcase deadlifts.

Sidebends with a BB on your back. Load the bar up on one side and use two collars.

this will definitely work. but why would you want to make your obliques wider? i used to do db bends but not anymore.

Well I think that heavy squats and deads will take care of this, what if by doing too much we get a irreversible ugly and thick waist? Increase your weights on those lifts and let them determine if you really need extreme measures.

Why anyone would want to widen their waist is beyond me. I'm thick waisted and nothing will give you a bigger illusion of a wide back than a thin waist.Smarten up

I'm inclined to agree with the above posts, but it also depends on your body structure. Frank Zane is a classic image but you may need some support if your frame is like Mike Tyson's. Either way, maybe some caution is advised? There's no need to go overboard unless you're looking to lift extremely heavy weights.

Maybe some sled pulling or something similar might do the trick?
EliteFTS - Superior Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers
Some direct muscular stimulation instead of normal cardio may give a more accurate picture.

if you want to make your obliques stronger, just decline crunches with your hands behind your head, bring your right elbow over your left knee, go back down and do the same with the other side. i like the v-taper look, thats why i dropped the weighted bends.

The reason i want a wider waist is because my hips are wider than my waist, which gives me a sort of weird body shape? Just wanted to equal it out, thanks a lot for the excercies guys :)

Top Bottom