Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to work on chest with kettlebells?

Edjorge

I have some kettlebells at home that I got from mygrand dad, and since in the following month or two I will not have anaccess to a gym (the only gym in town will be closed), I will have toworkout at home. I don't have much of a budget, so I will have to usethese kettlebells only. They are fine, and I see lots of things thatcan be done with them, but I still can't figure out how can I trainmy chest with them without having a bench at home. Could you give mesome advise?

I have some kettlebells at home that I got from mygrand dad, and since in the following month or two I will not have anaccess to a gym (the only gym in town will be closed), I will have toworkout at home. I don't have much of a budget, so I will have to usethese kettlebells only. They are fine, and I see lots of things thatcan be done with them, but I still can't figure out how can I trainmy chest with them without having a bench at home. Could you give mesome advise?

1 arm floor press. it's really good for Brazilian ju jitsu cuz u can kinda mimic a hip escape as if pushing and escaping an opponent mount. but I imagine you can use a more static and controlled motion for general muscle building
also a 2 arm holding the ball and not handle of 1 kb. pullover. (get on a couch or etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 arm floor press. it's really good for Brazilian ju jitsu cuz u can kinda mimic a hip escape as if pushing and escaping an opponent mount. but I imagine you can use a more static and controlled motion for general muscle building
also a 2 arm holding the ball and not handle of 1 kb. pullover. (get on a couch or etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good tips!

you can't beat pushups for chest

You can develop a decent chest with just push ups. What you are going to want to do is vary your hand width and also the height of your legs so you can prioritize your upper and lower chest and outer and inner chest.

Start with narrow grip push ups and slowly extend the width of your hands each set. Also vary where your feet are. Do a couple sets with your feet on the floor and then do a couple sets with your feet on a chair to prioritize your upper chest more.

Use the kettlebells as weights when doing push ups. Add them onto your lower back when doing the push ups to make the push ups harder and more demanding.

Top Bottom