Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How unhealthy is bodybuilding? How long are you expected to live? etc

I dont see why a bodybuilder who doesnt use steroids...or limits the use of steroids would live any less than the average joe. Alot of older people are being told to lift weights to try and fend off there muscles wasting away! Also arn't people trying to extend there life using HGH and other stuff.

I think unless you approach an exceptionally high level of muscularity, and, as such partake in all of the associated practices neccessary to attain such a level - for example steroids, an exceptionally harsh diet, an exceptionally gruelling training routine etc. Your health will not be negatively affected.

Once you start approaching levels such as those who currently compete, you may have problems with steroids, you may have problems with your heart, but you probably won't.

Its based on extremes, if you act like an idiot, then yes your health will be negatively affected by stuff outside of resistence training, diet and light drug use... a certain Mr Valentino springs to mind.

No Man, BBing is a bad choice if u wanna get in shape. bbing has too much isolation and the human body wasnt designed to move in isolation. you'll just end up ruining your joints. if u wanna hit the weights just do mass building exercises:BENCH PRESSING, DEADLIFTING, SQUATING, PULL UPS, AND BENT ROW. Sets of 3-6 reps. Machines are never good. Machines move in a single plane but u wanna move your body in multiple planes of motion to reach hypertrophy.

Personally I think, chasing and putting on more muscle when you're younger will not have a bad effect on your health in and that of itself. Start doing steroids, drugs, junk food etc and you're shortening your life to some extent. When I get older I'll stop putting on muscle growth and start training more muscle endurance. This will put less stress on your heart. Natural testosterone will be lower when you hit 'old' age and gaining massive amounts of muscle would be a bad idea for an old body if not impossible.
Everybody is different though. What is good for you may be a deadly formula for me and vice versa.

Top Bottom