Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How are Squats the best exercise for getting big ?? (if they target legs ..)?

M

musclebones

Could someone explain this ? I realize it involves more then just your legs.. like your lower back.. but how does the rest of your body benefit for getting bigger ?? (i.e shoulders/chest).. I know about the whole "legs release growth hormones" thing.. but is there anything else to it ??

thanks

Your leg muscles are big, and when your legs get bigger you weigh more.. More weight means better overall body.

Some people recommend squats for building bigger biceps.

Well...your quads, glutes, lower back, and all the other muscles used in squats are the biggest muscles in your body. So you work those, you grow.

Because, in a non AAS environment, the legs/quads are such a large group of muscles they force the body to produce greater amounts of test, GH etc etc when under stress to help the adapt and the rest of the body benefits as well.

Ever seen a guy with a HUGE upper body and puny legs? Nope! Sure there are some with good sized upper bodies but never freaky huge without have big wheels.

deadlifts and squats are the best 2 mass builders out there.....and also dumbel pullovers for your chest is good...helps the shoulders too...have those 3 in your workouts.....sometimes you can do deadlifts everyther weeks on the weeks you dont do them hit squats....

ultragainz:

you mean the pullover when you hold one dumbell laying down on a bench ... behind your head .. right ??

you mean the pullover when you hold one dumbell laying down on a bench ... behind your head .. right ??
They are a good exercise, they help to strech and deepen the chest. The big heavy compund movements are the ones that will trigger the most radical response from your system in an effert to try an adapt.

There's also the good `ol "big muscles burn calories" factor. Those big legs will help you stay lean and see those abs.

Well it has to do with your body alway trying to keep a balance. So needless to say no matter how much you work your upper body and never work you legs you body will view this as out of balance and reduce growth considerably, when you start to sqaut you will bring your body into balance more and as a result of this other body parts benefit. Muscle mag had a article on this once and they said that you body is like a big pool and the bigget the muscle group your work the bigger the brick you are throwing into the pool, and hence the bigger the ripple efect on the rest of the pool or in this case your body. I know that i gained almost an 3/4 inch on my arms and overall size when i started working legs with squats. Now mind you before i never worked legs period and was stuck in my gains. Started doing squats because i got frustrated with the stubborness of my other body parts and everything just blew up. Been sold on squats ever since.

Top Bottom