Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How should I train my back?

renemongeau

Actually, I workout my back each Monday and this is my training program. I focus on muscular contraction, the movement is not important if I don’t feel my muscle workout. Wednesday is my shoulders. I try to run between two sets of 6 km in 20 minutes outdoor. Arms are thursday and weekend the core.

Back Extension
set 1 14 x 0 lb,
set 2 11 x 35 lb weight on chest,
set 3 9 x 35 lb weight behind head,
set 4 6 x 45 lb weight on chest,
set 5 6 x 45 lb weight behind head

Chin-Ups
set 1 40
set 2 40
set 3 40
set 4 40
set 5 until I fail and add two negative Chin-Up

Superman between each set of Chin-Ups on a bench
10 supermans as big as I can less then 1 minutes

Dumbell One Arm Rows, Face-Pull same set ( weight is never the same but bigger on final set and lower first)
Set 1 14
Set 2 11
Set 3 9
Set 4 6
Set 5 6

Seat Cable Rows
set 1 14x 82 kg
set 2 11x 89 kg
set 3 9 x 95 kg
set 4 6 x 109 kg
set 5 6 x 109 kg

Smith Machine Rows ( same series of cable rows except different weight)
Set 5 6 x 125 kg

Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Downs ( same series of cable rows too)
Set 5 145lb

If I have some time, Rowing 5 km in 20 minutes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So rather than analyze all of that here's what I do. You can always focus on aspects of the back and work on them. As I train for strength what I do is instead of the same damn thing every time I hit back I rotate my exercises.

So in my gym we have the a pullover, low cable row, lat machine, low and mid iso row, dumbbells, t-bat set up (2 kinds), chinning bar and so on. That means, with various handles and combos I can train it 20 different ways.

the big mistake most of your gym does is they attempt to train their back but end up working their stronger muscles like arms and shoulders. so the back gets weaker in the process, so they end up walking around like a hunchback.

focus on doing the lifts properly. that is very important

So rather than analyze all of that here's what I do. You can always focus on aspects of the back and work on them. As I train for strength what I do is instead of the same damn thing every time I hit back I rotate my exercises.

So in my gym we have the a pullover, low cable row, lat machine, low and mid iso row, dumbbells, t-bat set up (2 kinds), chinning bar and so on. That means, with various handles and combos I can train it 20 different ways.
I agree with everything mobster said. It's really about variation with back. There are so many different ways to hit it, for both lat width and thickness. Its important to incorporate a lot of variations in rows, pulls, etc at different widths on grip

I also agree with Mobster here. There are a lot of muscles in the back, and variations are essential.

Plenty videos on YouTube on how to train back.

There are a lot information on Youtube. However, I used to be a mechanic and 90% of diesel troubleshooting solved problems were not on internet. After, I used to be a computer scientist and I was paid to start projects outside the way of framework tutorials because they were not able to read a code and documentation.

Crossfit is really popular now but people don’t realize at TV these women are 25 years olds with 10 years of fitness or gymnastics. I prefer read and ask as information as possible. For exemple, I spent 30 minutes on positionning for a one arm row with a skilled gym trainer. I have the bad habbit of a rond back and my head.

Also working on a chair gives some natural bad habbit with the back. If you see someone who works in office watch their shoulders and back postions without any gym. I think this is worst for truckers. Also sometimes I don’t feel the right muscle for an exercise or can’t contract right.

In short, on Youtube, the expert is perfect with all muscles at right position. However, I find a lot information about exercices on bodybuilding.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the big mistake most of your gym does is they attempt to train their back but end up working their stronger muscles like arms and shoulders. so the back gets weaker in the process, so they end up walking around like a hunchback.

focus on doing the lifts properly. that is very important

completely agree :)

Top Bottom