Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's Your Squat? The Squat Help Thread

Cant really see exactly what you are doing, we need a video shot from the side. One thing i can see is you are doing your box squats incorrectly. You need to sit back on the box and pause, relax your hips, and explode off the box. You are just squatting down to it and touching it with your ass. The whole point of box squats is to build power in the hips to get out of the hole. Take another video of you squatting from a side view so I can really break down your squat.

if yuo read the description on my YT video, it says I was just using the box so that I knew when I was at parallel. I realised after that I was about 1 inch above parallel or less. These weren't box squats.

Ill get a some better vids on monday though.

I need some advice. An old school body builder (the guy is in his 70's now) has recommended to place my heels on 2x4's while squatting. He claims that this will keep one from getting a "squatters butt". What do you guys think of this piece of advice?

No clue. I am assuming a bubble butt from squatting. What do you think about elevating one's heels on 2x4's while squatting? Will this affect the effectiveness of the exercise?

No clue. I am assuming a bubble butt from squatting. What do you think about elevating one's heels on 2x4's while squatting? Will this affect the effectiveness of the exercise?

I don't think it's a bad advice! Charles Poliquin includes it on his clients routines, but only has part of the whole squat routine, for example in the same workout doing a couple of sets like he sugested, a couple of front squats, sumo squats, oly squats etc.

Top Bottom