Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to return to sport?

Pusem

What kind of approach would you recommend to a guy just coming back into the sport after a year long hiatus? Should I train with machines, or compound weights? Splits for different parts of the body, or overall training? How would you approach the problem?

I would do compound weights, since they will activate more of your muscles, and will give you a more generalized conditioning. Also, I would do all-round training for 2-3 weeks. That is – do one exercise for each body part. This way you will not stress anything in excess, so you will be able to train consistently, and your body will get used to training again. Once you get a feel of it, go for splits where you train just one or two body parts per day.

Thank you Muskate! I have checked it, and it is very detailed - thank you for sharing! You are awesome!

5-Step Return to Sports

It is important for an athlete's parent(s) and coach(es) to watch for concussion symptoms after each day's return to play progression activity. An athlete should only move to the next step if they do not have any new symptoms at the current step. If an athlete’s symptoms come back or if he or she gets new symptoms, this is a sign that the athlete is pushing too hard. The athlete should stop these activities and the athlete’s medical provider should be contacted. After more rest and no concussion symptoms, the athlete can start at the previous step.

Baseline: Back to School First
The athlete is back to their regular school activities, is no longer experiencing symptoms from the injury when doing normal activities, and has the green-light from their health care provider to begin the return to play process.

Step 1: Light aerobic activity
Begin with light aerobic exercise only to increase an athlete’s heart rate. This means about 5 to 10 minutes on an exercise bike, walking, or light jogging. No weight lifting at this point.

Step 2: Moderate activity
Continue with activities to increase an athlete’s heart rate with the body or head movement. This includes moderate jogging, brief running, moderate-intensity stationary biking, moderate-intensity weight lifting (less time and/or less weight from their typical routine).

Step 3: Heavy, non-contact activity
Add a heavy non-contact physical activity, such as sprinting/running, high-intensity stationary biking, regular weight lifting routine, non-contact sport-specific drills (in 3 planes of movement).

Step 4: Practice & full contact
The young athlete may return to practice and full contact (if appropriate for the sport) in controlled practice.

Step 5: Competition
The young athlete may return to competition.

I would come back in by exercising every body part just at a lower intensity. I hear all the time guys comeback and hit it way too hard and they are sore for over a week.

Top Bottom