Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often should I do yoga as a weight lifter?

troyer

I've had a lot of problems with my back and neck over the years, after numerous visits to my ortho and him putting me on tons of drugs which did nothing but make me sick i told him I had enough and he broke down and told me "try hot yoga", so I went to try it and i felt better after the first class. Should I keep doing it 50/50 with weight training? or can i lift 5 days a week and do yoga say 2 times a week only and get away with it?

weight training compresses your spine, flares up discs, decreases mobility and decreases flexibility. this is why yoga is making you feel 100% better because it offsets all of that. i would recommend always following up weight training with yoga and get in a couple hot yoga sessions a week

It will definitely make a big difference in your flexibility and health. Also taking rests from lifting will help too. Even if you just did a de-load week with light weights that can help.

Top Bottom