Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often max effort?

I generally train no more than 90% of my (assumed) one rep max, and only try to actually 1rm a few times a year.

if you talk to the older strong dudes in your gym who like to lift heavy they will all tell you to build consistency at a lower weight and only max out on actual meet days.

stick to 4-5 rep range

and yes maxing out on lifts is a surefire way to get injured. do NFL athletes pound their bodies into the dirt all year? no.. they play 16 games 1 week apart and don't hit during the season in practice for a reason

if you go in there like a gorilla and just throw around heavy weight you WILL get injured, not MIGHT, but WILL.

I'm after muscle quality and aesthetics and not a powerlifter, so I train in the hypertrophy range. I dont do one rep maxes. My progress is measured by being able to add weight on the bar and do the same number of reos or being able to add an extra rep or two on an exercise (progressive overload)

i never max our anymore, i wouldn’t do less than 5 reps of anything.

Unless deadlifts of course, but still wouldn’t push that, would make sure i could do it at least twice.

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

Top Bottom