Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often do you work to failure?

I rarely train to failure. Like Wodin I get close but only go to failure when maxing or competing. That way I know there is no way I could do anymore weight.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I dont even train hard. Why would I want to? It hurts. I just hang out.............If I do decide to train hard on a particular day I just go to failure on the last set of each excersize I do. But I do alot of super sets to. Im past trying to outlift everyone and concentrate on form and feeling the muscle work.

I don't train to failure, only during comp do I go that far, no need since most of my lifts are compounds or olympic lifts

Congrats on the deadlift PR!! I almost always train to complete failure, damn near failure, or beyond failure with forced reps. I havent been going beyond failure much lately with the forced reps, but have been cheating out the extras to get them in. Im also incorporating a little 5X5 in my flat bench and incline routines so most of those sets arent to failure. But those 5 sets are so small in comparison to the rest of my routine anyway. My whole routines are usually to complete failure. Im always pretty torn up after most of my workouts. Id only be able to go rediculously light afterwards. Hope that helps!

GoldenDelicious said:
concentric failure = cant do another rep
static failure = cant hold it steady
eccentric failure = arms are spaghetti, cant even hold it
i never go to being unable to move and stuff (unless its from being sore the next day) but i almost always bash the fuck out of my muscles so that i couldnt do another set i think thats how to describe what i go to

galaxy said:
I dont even train hard. Why would I want to? It hurts. I just hang out.............If I do decide to train hard on a particular day I just go to failure on the last set of each excersize I do. But I do alot of super sets to. Im past trying to outlift everyone and concentrate on form and feeling the muscle work.
damn long time no see, where have you been?

EDIT: i dont know what im talking about, it just seems like i havnt read a post by u in a while

WalkingBeast said:
Congrats on the deadlift PR!!!
Thanks Beast at the rate I am going I think I will be able to meet your PR in oh about 20 years. ;) LOL BTW do have any diagrams of the Beast dead lift? Or pics perhaps? I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Top Bottom