Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often do you max out?

venoem

I was in the gym the other day and talking to a friend about this and he likes
To max out at least once a week and see how strong he is
I'm in my forties and I'm worried that if I was to try that I could get injured. What do you think about doing that and do you think it's okay to push the body harder?

I was in the gym the other day and talking to a friend about this and he likes
To max out at least once a week and see how strong he is
I'm in my forties and I'm worried that if I was to try that I could get injured. What do you think about doing that and do you think it's okay to push the body harder?

I never max out too much risk of injury

I generally work off of a percentage of 1RM. Example is my bench I am aiming for a 1 RM of 335 lbs. 75% of that is roughly 250 lbs, 80% is roughly 270 lbs, 85% is roughly 285 lbs and 95% is roughly 320 ish pounds. Technically speaking when properly warmed up and not fatigued If you can lift 95% for 2 reps you should be able to do the full weight or 85% for 4 reps and 80% for 5 reps and 75% for 8 reps. These are all safe working numbers. Then I work out in a couple of ways. Either pyramid 75%X6/ 80%X4/ 85%X3/ 95%X2/ 85%X3/ 80%X4/ 75%X6 if I can hit all 7 of those sets then I should be able to bench 335 no problem. After about 15 to 20 lbs of gains in what should be my 1RM, I go and test to see if I can hit the 1RM.

But then when I hit a stick point I mess up the routine and bring out the Slingshot and stuff.

Top Bottom