Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How often do you max lift ?

sparke12

Would it be advised to go for PB’s a couple times a year? Obviously with somebody to spot and heals etc. But should it be incorporated just to get an idea ?

if you are a competitor then you go for it on the day of your meet

you don't just go max out to impress your buddies, unless you want to injure yourself

NFL players don't even hit all season in practice. only once a week in games. we learned a long time ago in fitness you don't pound your body into the dirt, we are not robots

Only at meets if you're competing. I generally use no more than 90% max when training. If you don't compete and still wish to max, I wouldn't try more than maybe two times a year and only with a significant number of rest days before hand.

I always try to go for PB's every time I step in the gym. Not 1 rep max but whatever repetition range I am using that day.

Would it be advised to go for PB’s a couple times a year? Obviously with somebody to spot and heals etc. But should it be incorporated just to get an idea ?
Is there a reason for it other than just bragging rights? If not, then no not necessary or even productive at all. You should always be trying to beat your numbers, but that is not 1 rep maxes. Beating numbers within your target rep ranges yes

Top Bottom