Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much you should bench, squat, deadlift

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Ive always heard when you start out benching 1x your bodyweight is OK, 1.5 is awesome, and 2.0 is unbelievable.

What is it for squats?

Im 188 lbs and benchin 325. So thats around 1.75x my bodyweight

What shoud my squat and eadlift be in relative to my bodyweight and my bench?

That is a very hard question to answer. It is very subjective. As a knee jerk response I would think a pull of 2.5x your body weight and a squat of 2.5x your body weight would be a good goal/target unless you are going down the powerlifter road.

You might even want to go higher since the squat and pull are the foundations of true functional strength, and the basis of a great physique.

Another "old timer" standard worth its weight in gold to go for is doing a standing overhead press of your body weight.

B-

Damn Id be happy to get in the "good" section

my bench is already there tho :D

Thx for the reference OneBreath, k to you

Thanks. I'm not sure about the wide back. I do recall something about wide grip pullups being the developer of a wide back being a myth.

That wide grip actually builds the center of your back while close grip hits the far ends.

Anyone else hear of this?

This is a pretty decent chart. Rip has one that's similar at the end of Starting Strength 2nd Edition.

It's not something to be taken as an absolute but it makes for a good reference.

Standards of Strength

Anyone know how much I should dial the weights on that strength chart down to for my age? (14) ? should I classify as a female adult or what? :confused:

Top Bottom