Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much weight do you have to gain to gain an inch on the arms?

36drew

Just curious. I know its gonna depend on height and fat gain and whatnot. But generally about how much weight do you think that one has to gain to add an inch to arms?

I'm a 5"11 frame if you are wondering. Would that mean about what 12 pounds?

(Don't worry, I do know that the best way to get bigger arms is to just focus on compound lifts and through is accessory work here and there -- and of course, a good excess of protein and calories).

It's so weird seeing some guys in my gym who couldn't be more than 170 lbs., and they are rocking 17" arms and no legs. With my 15" arms I guarantee I could out squat and dead them, but it is kind of depressing as they look so much bigger than me. Are most of those on roids or would that most likely be a combo of good genetics and constantly working the arms?

I've occasionally seen normal-size but quite ripped guys with huge arms in the gym and then seen them a few months later less ripped, still normal-sized and with normal arms. You can add a lot of mass to your arms by juicing and working them but it tends not to stay if it's not in some reasonable proportion to the rest of your body unless you keep them pumped.

If you increase your overall size your systems will spread the bulk around and the best way to do that is to work the compound movements.

i'm 5'11 small frame. I put on an inch when i go up 15 pounds. But this is subject to your individual muscle distribution etc. I tend to grow fairly evenly

NorgePrecision said:
It's so weird seeing some guys in my gym who couldn't be more than 170 lbs., and they are rocking 17" arms and no legs. With my 15" arms I guarantee I could out squat and dead them, but it is kind of depressing as they look so much bigger than me. Are most of those on roids or would that most likely be a combo of good genetics and constantly working the arms?

yep... point is that there is too much variation from individual to individual

blut wump said:
I've occasionally seen normal-size but quite ripped guys with huge arms in the gym and then seen them a few months later less ripped, still normal-sized and with normal arms. You can add a lot of mass to your arms by juicing and working them but it tends not to stay if it's not in some reasonable proportion to the rest of your body unless you keep them pumped.

If you increase your overall size your systems will spread the bulk around and the best way to do that is to work the compound movements.

I dunno bro my friend has a tiny chest and little to no traps, weighs around 190 at 5'9 and rocks some 20' meat hooks. His tricep looks like a fucking slab o fmeat.

Top Bottom