Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much gains should I be making every month

BabyJayPenn

Sorry if this isnt on the right forum.

I've been working out for almost a year now until a month ago, when I got mono ( yeah being 17 years old its pretty common ). I lost almost about 7 pounds so my stats now are

17 years old
5'10

I'm so bummed about these losses I was even almost considering doing a cycle of Winny just to put on a couple of pounds.

Anyways long story short I decided to put off the cycle for a year or 2, but I got some mass gainer (Mutant mass) and some whey protein, I also tweaked my diet this time around to make the most gains possible.

So my main question is, going to the gym 4-5 times a week and with a good diet what kind of gains should I be making every month (weight wise and strength wise) Considering my training routine is good and so is my diet.

Thanks alot guys this is my first post so try not to bash ;) haha
Merry Christmas

Your only 17, no steroid suggestions, just eat right and train. I would suggest being close to 200lbs, and 25 years old before even considering any aas.

Your only 17, no steroid suggestions, just eat right and train. I would suggest being close to 200lbs, and 25 years old before even considering any aas.

yeah I know, my post said I wasn't going to be doing steroids. Can you answer my question please? The one about what sort of gains should I be looking at with a proper diet and training routine at my age and stats.
Thanks

Your question is impossible to answer with anything other than a range. Assuming you will reach peak strength in your mid 30's, a very ruff (probably worthless) estimate of your progress would be an exponential trend curve from your current max to the max lifts of a cross population of lifters in their 30's.

Your question is impossible to answer with anything other than a range. Assuming you will reach peak strength in your mid 30's, a very ruff (probably worthless) estimate of your progress would be an exponential trend curve from your current max to the max lifts of a cross population of lifters in their 30's.

yeah well I was just looking for a range kind of answer, like say 3-4 pounds of solid muscle a month ( Im just guessing ) that may be alot.

If you gain 3lb a month over the next 3 years you will be a 250lb monster.

Do not think about using fucking steroids.

Muscle building can be anywhere from quarter pound to 3 to 4 pounds a month depending on.
Body type
diet
training
rest

If I put 8lbs a year on I feel I have done well everything above that is bonus, life gets in the way and to consistently put say 2pounds a month on just doesn't happen that often.

you need to learn how to diet and train properly

the fact u told me have WEIGHT GAINER is the first and most comman indicator that you do not understand muscle building, muscle building diets or proper training methods

USE GOOGLE

all you need to do is type in 'muscle building diet', 'how to gain muscle' etc and you will learn

research and learning for yourself will allow you to understand your body and understand hwow to train and diet and wen they need to be adjusted and trained

anyone here could reccomend a diet and training program for you right now, the only issue is in 1-2 months it would most likely stop working due to ur change in physique and adaption to training

do some research and you will find exactly what your doing wrong

HOWEVER

if i am wrong, as i could be, please POST u your exact training routine and diet (including total cals, protein, fats and crab totals, and meal timing) so we can see if your on the right track

at 148 pounds i feel you might be doing sumthing wrong

but i can only assume since i havent seen your plan yet

Day1) Chest and back

3 sets of Flat DB press
3 sets of decline db press
3 sets of incline db press
3 sets of Pec Dec machine

Back
3 sets of lat pulldown
3 sets of db row splits
3 sets of some other row machine I do at my gym (forget the name)
3 sets of lowerback

Day 2) Bi's and Tri's

3 sets of Db Sitting down curls
3 Sets of Db hammer curls
3 sets of E-Z Curls
2 sets of Negatives a heavier weight than normal

Day 3) Shoulders/traps

3 sets of db press
3 sets of db lateral raises
3 sets of db front raises

4 sets of db shrugs

* All sets I aim towards to fail around 8-10 reps.
* A decent ab workout every time I workout
* Legs I workout at home and do explosive Squats with a decently low weight (25 pounds). I'm going to be honest I usually skip this.

As for my diet Its going to start to be something like this (My diet consisted of anything I wanted before)

8-9 Mutant mass (If i miss breakfast since I go to school)
10-11 A snack (A granola bar and some chocolate milk)
12-2 A Sandwich with alot of meats inside and cheese
3-4 I get home so I will have any meal usually another sandwich
4-5 Gym
5-7 Mutant mass and almonds
8-9 Dinner that focuses on protein ( Usually alot of chicken or beef ) with rice
9-10 A protein shake
Go to sleep at 11:30pm and wake up at 7:30am

So thats basically it if you can give some help with this or any tips it would be great. thanks

Well there's your answer. Awful routine and poor diet. I ate more than that when I was cutting last year. And the less said about your routine the better (but I can't help it: why are you only training one half of your body?)

The best advice I can possibly give is an old internet forum cliche: do Rippetoe's Starting Strength programme and drink a gallon of milk a day. But you will need to sort out your diet. Work out your macros, and eat proper meals every 3-4 hours (not sandwiches). NEVER miss breakfast.

Top Bottom