Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much does an olympic bar weigh

Samthor R-

Hey guys, I have been following closely my benching progress and I would like to know how much that olympic bar really weights and if it's standard weight or there are different types, my last question is if you bench let's say 200 lb the olympic bar weight is included or not, thank you.

45 lbs. (shorter bars can be 5 lbs. to the foot).

Including the weight in the bar is kind of a gimme, you're lifting it, right? Also, if you use collars on the bar, instead of the clamp style, those are 1 lb. each.

An olympic bar is standardized to weight 45 pounds (22kg).

When you record your weight, you record the amount you added to the bar PLUS the weight of the bar.

For example, if you added 100 pounds to each side of the bar, you would say you lifted 245 pounds (100 per side + 45 pounds for the bar)

Hey guys, I have been following closely my benching progress and I would like to know how much that olympic bar really weights and if it's standard weight or there are different types, my last question is if you bench let's say 200 lb the olympic bar weight is included or not, thank you.

20 kilos = 45 lbs

Top Bottom