Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you Stiff legged deadlift?

strongsmartsexy

If you do stiff legged deadlifts, how much weight do you use? Do you use a platform to get full stretch? And where do you place that excersize in your routine?

Best I have done is 405 for five. I usually do them after squats on leg day. I do them right out of the squat rack with legs shoulder width or a little more usually. No I don't do them on a platform you can get all the stretch you need standing on the floor. You just have to keep a little tightness in you back and pull back with your traps. If you need to get up on something you are rounding you back too much and risking injury. IMO

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
If you need to get up on something you are rounding you back too much and risking injury. IMO

i agree with that. most people can't keep that strong arch in the lumbar if they are bent over in that position.

i can stiff leg more than i can with leg drive. which is strange

i do sl deads instead of conventional ones. only on back day, too, since i train hams that day instead of with quads and calves. last heavy day was 300x5, 320x5, 340x5, 360x5. going for reps tomorrow so it should be something like 310x10, 330x8, 350x5.

like scotsman said, no platform.

WOW! my straight back stiff leg dead weight seems like a warm up set to you guys......

i do stiff leg deads on leg day right after squats. i superset with hack squats. no platform. i do them in the power rack on the lowest setting. i can feel the pull in my hams as soon as i start to lift up on the bar, so for the time being i don't see a reason to put the weight on the floor or grab a platform. i have done them off the floor before. the stiff leg deads didn't feel too bad off the floor, but i didn't like my hack squat like that. since i superset them, it's just easier to do it on the lowest setting in the rack.

i do 3 sets, 10, 8,then 5-6 reps, increase weight each set. last week i did 135, 145, 165 (for 6) and felt real strong. tomorrow i think i'll do my third set at 175, so maybe 155, 165, 175.

i only superset them so i don't have to change the weight on the bar 5 times. makes it a bit easier. less thinking to do too :D i don't go to the gym to do math, i go to lift. changing weight too many times just distracts me.

crak600 said:
WOW! my straight back stiff leg dead weight seems like a warm up set to you guys......

i do stiff leg deads on leg day right after squats. i superset with hack squats. no platform. i do them in the power rack on the lowest setting. i can feel the pull in my hams as soon as i start to lift up on the bar, so for the time being i don't see a reason to put the weight on the floor or grab a platform. i have done them off the floor before. the stiff leg deads didn't feel too bad off the floor, but i didn't like my hack squat like that. since i superset them, it's just easier to do it on the lowest setting in the rack.

i do 3 sets, 10, 8,then 5-6 reps, increase weight each set. last week i did 135, 145, 165 (for 6) and felt real strong. tomorrow i think i'll do my third set at 175, so maybe 155, 165, 175.

i only superset them so i don't have to change the weight on the bar 5 times. makes it a bit easier. less thinking to do too :D i don't go to the gym to do math, i go to lift. changing weight too many times just distracts me.

I'm right there with you. I can't imagine doing stiff legged deadlifts at weights of 300+lbs. Damn, I'm not only olde, I'm a lightweight too!

string_bean00 said:
I do them right after squats in the power rack. I'm at 215 now doing 5x5.

I do squats, leg presses and then SDLs. I'm at 215ish depending on the energy level that day. I thought I was doing so good too. :lmao: I'm going back to wimp training class...

strongsmartsexy said:
I do squats, leg presses and then SDLs. I'm at 215ish depending on the energy level that day. I thought I was doing so good too. :lmao: I'm going back to wimp training class...

Hey 215 is a pretty respectable weight to be doing. I probably have a couple of pounds on you in bodyweight that evens it up a bit. I do mine right after squats too.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Hey 215 is a pretty respectable weight to be doing. I probably have a couple of pounds on you in bodyweight that evens it up a bit. I do mine right after squats too.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I haven't quite figured out why, but it seems that the back "Half" of my leg is much thicker than the quads. I can clearly handle much more weight with the quads, but it just seems with as much hamstring as I have, I should be able to do more.

Top Bottom