Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Do You SEATED CALF RAISE

How Much WEIGHT Do You USUALLY Use On SEATED CALF RAISES?

• under 25 lbs. (I hope your kidding)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25 - 75 lbs.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 75 - 125 lbs.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 125 - 175 lbs.

• 175 - 225 lbs.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 225 - 275 lbs.

• 275 - 325 lbs.

• 325 - 375 lbs.

• 375 - 425 lbs.

• more than 425 lbs. (you're a monSTAR)

• Total voters
Last time I was "on" after training calves 2x a week for about 4 weeks I could do seated raises around 150 for 6-7 good reps.

I hate the standing calf raise machine. My favorite is calf raises on stairs. Both legs at the same time with a heavy db on the shoulder. Focus on deep stretch and an explosive contraction for sets of 10-15 reps.

I'm getting to the point where I think certain muscles on different people don't need as much weight because they respond better than other parts. That was the first time I seriously made an effort to train calves and I was using a 90lbs db on stair raises with both feet at once and had better calves than most guys in the gym.

Imo it's genetics and finding what works for you. For me weight is less important than a killer contraction and higher reps and sets on calf raises which is the exact opposite for alot of my other bodyparts.

im gifted on my calves. do not train them just occasionally and they r the size of my biceps - 45cm lol :))

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

I have big calves naturally. I use 4 plates for nice slow sets of 12 easily. Actually I have big legs and don't train them too heavy. I have kids and train for life - not contest bodybuilding - and don't want to be hobbling around. I want to play with them!

What the hell good is looking good if you can't LIVE?

The question needs to be more specific..... As in which type of machine? There are multiple different types of calve machines... On a free weight calve machine i can do 350lbs with bad form but still move it really good because im hot and powerful.. on standing i have done over 500lbs with bad form,,, 400 with good form and good range of motion... then there are some calve machines that use leverage that im sure i can get 600lbs on ... It just all depends on the type of machine..... and where the pulley,leverage point is... ...

i dont like seated calves i like standing calves on smith machine ...
the exercise work for me was training them insane
i put like 5 kg plate both side and do 3 set 60 reps .... max rest between reps in 10 sec...not more than that ..
its make my calves good ..heavy weight dosnt workk for me on calves

Top Bottom