Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much do steroids increase strength?

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
I logged on to a Powerlifting site today and noticed that if I competed (which I haven't done in 15 years) that I would be the state record holder champion in my weight class in some of the organizations for the state of Texas. My weight class is 198 or 205, I'm 38 and I should be able to press 400 no problem. Not close to to the american or world record but not bad. I might be able to get as much as 440 based on my recent lifts, if my shoulder can take it. In July I started taking 250 mgs of test a week, My strength went up a little. I increased the dosage to around 500 mgs(I think it's underdosed) and my strength went up further. I rep with 225 normally to avoid injury. I started at 18 reps steroid free. I actually went up to 24 reps with Norandriol but I was fatter. The other day I got up 27 reps with 225, I've been lifting for 24 years non-stop. WHERE IS THE CAP ON THE STRENGTH LIMIT FOR STEROID DOSAGES? fOR INSTANCE, IF I INCREASE MY DOSAGE TO 1000 MGS., HOW MUCH MORE STRENGTH CAN I EXPECT? IS THERE A MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF AAS WHERE NO FURTHER STRENGTH CAN BE GAINED?

The more androgenic, the more agressiveness, the more perceived strength...fina's a big hit. By the same note, anavar works on the creatine pathway, and (if you can afford it) it's about one of the best strength drugs out there. My personal opinion? You don't need a gram of test as much as you need a better routine. The last time I did 18 reps of something I was eating. Those numbers, if they break TX records, MUST be drug tested numbers. There are women lifting 400+ in the APF. If you trained for strength, use PL bench form (which you may already do), and worked on your speed, I'm sure you could blow yourself away with what you're capable of. Please don't be offended about my women's bench comment, I just want you to have a realisitc perception of what's expected, tested vs non-tested.

Do you have a meet picked out?

spatts said:
The more androgenic, the more agressiveness, the more perceived strength...fina's a big hit. By the same note, anavar works on the creatine pathway, and (if you can afford it) it's about one of the best strength drugs out there. My personal opinion? You don't need a gram of test as much as you need a better routine. The last time I did 18 reps of something I was eating. Those numbers, if they break TX records, MUST be drug tested numbers. There are women lifting 400+ in the APF. If you trained for strength, use PL bench form (which you may already do), and worked on your speed, I'm sure you could blow yourself away with what you're capable of. Please don't be offended about my women's bench comment, I just want you to have a realisitc perception of what's expected, tested vs non-tested.

Do you have a meet picked out?

I had to look that up to believe it. There are actually a few woman that can bench press over 400. That's amazing to me. If a woman my size can bench that much, all I want to know is what drugs is she taking and what is her routine? Because on an even playing field, there is no way that a woman is stronger than me. Now, I believe that I'm capable of benching well over 500 if I can avoid injuries. The reason I do high reps is because of my shoulder. I'm capable of the lower reps but don't often do them because i have not been powerlifting so it would be stupid to risk injury for nothing. Thanks for the info.

I just looked up the world record in the IPF for the master's division in the 90kg class. It is 495 from a guy from Czech. That's something to shoot for. I'll be 40 in less than 2 years.

Always do your best to beat yourself. That may sound cheesey, but there's ALWAYS someone stronger than you. Just keep learning all you can and busting your own PRs, and work your way up.

The deal with the bench isn't just drugs. It's the shirt, better tranining, better attitude, a sky's-the-limit viewpoint... Oh! ...and a bench shirt (yes, I said that twice). :D I bench about 250 in my shirt, and I'm a 180 pound female. I'd like to hit 300 by this time next year, but I too have shoulder issues. Not from traning heavy, but from benching "like a bodybuilder" for a year. Really jacked em up. Powerlifting has actually HELPED me. They're still my weak link though. My floor press is, and has always been, 177 pounds. My lockout (top 4-6 inches) is 403 pounds. So, they come together to allow me to move 250, but I know if I can bring my shoulders up, I would see the results I'm looking for. What did you do to your shoulders, exactly?

I really admire your drive...some people think 40 is old.

Again, I would encourage you to open your mind to your own strength potential. I could barely bench the bar without pain 7 months ago. :)

I'm failing to see how being able to bench 225 for high reps equates to a 400+ bench for a simgle. There is no correlation that I am aware of between doing that many reps for a weight and what you actually bench for a single.

biteme said:
I logged on to a Powerlifting site today and noticed that if I competed (which I haven't done in 15 years) that I would be the state record holder champion in my weight class in some of the organizations for the state of Texas. My weight class is 198 or 205, I'm 38 and I should be able to press 400 no problem. Not close to to the american or world record but not bad. I might be able to get as much as 440 based on my recent lifts, if my shoulder can take it. In July I started taking 250 mgs of test a week, My strength went up a little. I increased the dosage to around 500 mgs(I think it's underdosed) and my strength went up further. I rep with 225 normally to avoid injury. I started at 18 reps steroid free. I actually went up to 24 reps with Norandriol but I was fatter. The other day I got up 27 reps with 225, I've been lifting for 24 years non-stop. WHERE IS THE CAP ON THE STRENGTH LIMIT FOR STEROID DOSAGES? fOR INSTANCE, IF I INCREASE MY DOSAGE TO 1000 MGS., HOW MUCH MORE STRENGTH CAN I EXPECT? IS THERE A MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF AAS WHERE NO FURTHER STRENGTH CAN BE GAINED?

zackdarnell said:
Just curious- have you actually done the 400+lb bench, or is that based on # of reps you can do at 225?

It is easy to figure out. When i could bench press 225 for 17 reps, my max was 350. When I went up to 20 reps it went to 375. For you mathematicians there is a formula to use and it is generally accurate in predicting how much you can do for a single rep. 20 reps= 60Percent of max. 30= 50 percent. I haven't maxed since surpassing the 20 rep barrier, but there is no doubt that I can bench over 400 based on my rep gains which = strength gains. I will not argue because I know. 30 reps with 225 would= right around 450 on the bench. I did 27 last workout, so figure it out. I did 275x17 on the decline a few weeks ago, probably could go for 20 now.

I wish someone could answer my AAS question? I believe the more you take the stronger you will get. But what is the max amount where no further strength gains can be achieved. It only makes sense. Proffesional bodybuilders take massive amounts of AAS, powerlifters would only get stronger by doing the same thing I would figure.

biteme said:
It is easy to figure out. When i could bench press 225 for 17 reps, my max was 350. When I went up to 20 reps it went to 375. For you mathematicians there is a formula to use and it is generally accurate in predicting how much you can do for a single rep. 20 reps= 60Percent of max. 30= 50 percent. I haven't maxed since surpassing the 20 rep barrier, but there is no doubt that I can bench over 400 based on my rep gains which = strength gains. I will not argue because I know. 30 reps with 225 would= right around 450 on the bench. I did 27 last workout, so figure it out. I did 275x17 on the decline a few weeks ago, probably could go for 20 now.

Kinda interesting that such a simple formula works for you. I would have thought that with such high reps stamina was the issue rather than all out strength.

For whats its worth, the formula I use is given below......it starts to fail at higher reps but works well at lower reps.

1 rep max = 1 + (n x 0.03) x weight

As far as your AAS question goes, I see no physiological reason that would justify your theory that more AAS automatically gives more strength. From what you are saying about your increased weight I would suggest that the extra strength is coming from improved leverages due to the extra weight. In which case you just need to find a way to hold onto the extra weight. Of course I could be way off base on this.

Top Bottom