Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much do steroids increase strength?

spatts said:
Sidenote: If more myonuclei means more androgenic receptors, then wouldn't it take more androgen to get the same results since it's being spread over a wider number of receptors? I'm thinking of it like 1 cup of water and 5 little bowls. You fill those bowls all the way up with that 1 cup of water. If you then take 1 cup of water and 10 little bowls, it would take more water to fill those 10 little cups to the same height as the previous 5. That may have made no sense at all...but I'm curious. Thoughts?

Not necessarily. You would be right if the number of receptor molecules rivalled the number of molecules of agonist and the binding constant was very low. However this is generally untrue. If this situation were to occur then having a co-operative binding curve (most receptors do) would be totally pointless.......

Last edited:
spatts said:
:lmao: We don't bite.

Receptor down-regulation isn't a myth. It's a physiological process. If you take the terminology off Elite and into the classroom, you will find that it's just an explanation for a receptor getting used to a particular neurotransmitter, and decreasing response as a result. It decreases the density or number of receptors...not a new fangled thing. :)

This is how caffeine addiction works isn't it? The receptors down-regulate because caffeine stimulates "wakey-uppy" receptors so much (heh, scientific I know) that in its abscence they don't produce much in the way of what they used to -> headaches and bleary-headedness without the demon bean, yes?

I think we could separate two effects of the steroids.

1) They give us(you) better recovery, (the muscles not the nervous system). You can train more.

2) Some aas stimulate the cns more and get you stronger while you are "on".

I think what the formula doesn't take into account is that the 225 is done without a shirt and the max isn't. My opinion is that 20-30 reps is way too far away from a MAX to tell me what I can do. I think you'll have to load the bar to truly find out.

As far as the drugs, if you have only used test than your strength possibilities have only been touched upon. Lots of other choices and stacks available to knock the strength up but it will plateau. Probably best asked on the anabolic discussion board though.

I find 1rm formulas to be relatively useless. A formula cannot be applied to the potential output of an organism as complex as the human body, especially with all of the variables placed upon it internally and externally by a myriad of factors not included within that formula. Genetics, injuries, diet, muscle fiber types, body type, length of appendages, motivation, form, and on and on.

With regard to gear and strength increases, in my opinion, the amount of AAS does not correlate directly to the increase in strength. 500 mg of test may give you 2X the effect of 250 mg. However, 2 grams of test will NOT give you 2X the effect of 1 gram. However, the sides increase dramatically at some point. Therefore it turns into a risk versus reward decision on your part.

Also, I would say that you would see much greater strength increases by combining certain compounds that compliment one another rather than increasing a single compound. Personally, any type of test and base with Winny and Tren make me lift small buildings with ease. :)

Top Bottom