Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much can you bench? & How much do you weigh?

babymonkey

Every year on my last workout before I leave for Panama for Spring Break I set a personal record. There is just something about Club La Villa that makes me more of a man than I really am. Maybe it is just the really easy girls there (or all the juice running thru my blood). This year I am recouping from a bad wrist injury and I'm married so there will be none of that but I still plan on setting a new PR. You can leave your PR's in Dumbell press or Flat bench. I'm just curious. These are mine:

2 years ago I weighed 130lbs and benched 265lb. (raw)

Last year I weighed 150lbs and pressed the 110's 3 times on Flat DB press and 100's 3 times on incline DB press.

My wrist injury set me way back for next year but I plan on a killer come back.

Hm....I haven't tested in a while. I bench in the 190 range, raw, and 243 shirted. I did 297 to a 2 board a few weeks ago, so I will shoot for that this Wednesday. These are all gym lifts, of course. No comps yet.

I weigh 180.

By the way, even if you are a beginner and not a powerlifter I am still curious so let us know. Everyone has to start somewhere.

It's two 2x4s bound together. It comes to about 3 inches off the chest, after it gets smooshed down. LOL

I did that basically to stretch the shirt. If I can GET 297 to my chest in the shirt, I'm confident I can press it. I have to work the bottom of my bench though. My floor press is only 177, and my lockout is 403.

never tried a 1RM, but i bench about 170 for reps. but i know i can get a least 200 up for one rep. at least, that's how it feels. shame i train alone, otherwise i could try it. i'm not a powerlifter by the way (i would be ashamed of myself if i was lol, no disrespect to anyone else intended). oh yeah, i weight about 180 at 6'2"

Well, I havn't done barbell bench press for max weight in a couple of years since I have massive scar tissue on my bicep tendon and doing bench press with a BB really agrevates it...
But I can still do dumbells with minimal pain. I don't usually ever do a 1 rep max anymore(don't see much point), but I'll post what I can lift for reps when I'm feeling strong) I'm 200 lbs roughly right now @ 5'10 natural and havn't tryed maxing out for a while.. but at a lean 178 (about 2-3months ago) I could flat dumbell press the 100's for 7 reps, with a full stretch at the bottom. I have to assume that I wouldn't have much problem with the 100's now, however I usually only use 90's-95's if i don't have a spot(bicep tendon kills on the first rep)
The last time I did a big BB bench was a little over 2 years ago.. I think I did around 6 reps with 225..

well...it depends on what I am training for.

I have:

Benched 2x bodyweight raw...
....hit 12 reps with bodyweight plus 100 pounds

Top Bottom