Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much can the body take?!?!?!

emmab

Is there a max number of days per week you should train, so that the body isn't being asked to repair muscle tissue every day??? Just wondered if you tax it every day, will the level of repair needed be above what a diet and rest can provide???

------------------
God give me the strength to lift all I can, the humility to accept what I can't lift, the wisdom to know the difference, and the determination to close the gap!!!

~Train no more than 5 times a week, 3-4 would be best. This allows for maximum recuperation and prevents burnout (overtraining.)

~Train each muscle group only once a week. This provides the muscle group with plenty of time to rest and grow.

**Written by Cacerot69.

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

I have trained both 2 and 5 days a week...even 6x a week for a short while. As heavy as I train now...and with the most basic movements...my joints can barely keep up with the 3 day a week program.

B True

Originally posted by patro:
~Train no more than 5 times a week, 3-4 would be best. This allows for maximum recuperation and prevents burnout (overtraining.)

~Train each muscle group only once a week. This provides the muscle group with plenty of time to rest and grow.

WTF?? Is your recovery ability that bad. Why would you need 7 days? Please explain.

This is not a flame I am just curious as to why it seems that everyone is into low volume training...doesn't make since to me. The body is capable of much more than you are giving it credit for.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Hannibal,

I think it totally depends on your intensity and your poundages. I only train each bodypart once per week, because I know if I hit chest really hard on Monday, it's crazy sore by Wednesday, just getting over being extremely sore by Thursday night, and by Friday night I'm starting to feel back to normal again. This goes for each bodypart on their respective days. I can't even imagine squatting twice per week?

On the other hand, if you train with high reps/medium to low weight, you may be able to get away with it. Everyone is different, so maybe your body repairs faster than mine. I've tried the twice per week thing and never had any luck.

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

Since those are my words, i think i should defend the statements :)

"WTF?? Is your recovery ability that bad. Why would you need 7 days? Please explain."

I know you are a Westside guy, and they don't like low volume very much :). But, the majority of trainers will get the best results with 5-7 days rest.

"This is not a flame I am just curious as to why it seems that everyone is into low volume training...doesn't make since to me."

It works the best for the majority of trainees. It focuses on and maximizes progression. If you progress faster training each muscle two times a week, more power to you! This just isn't the case for 95% of the population. The faster you progress, the more muscle you gain.

First understand that respect everyone's opinion even if it differs from mine. If it works for you then so be it. IMO though you are limiting your potential by allowing your mind to convince your body that you can't do more.

Long before I was a Westside guy I was into bodybuilding. It was senior year in high school and I used high volume training to gain 30 pounds of solid muscle. This was before creatine and before my knowledge of anabolic assistance. I was lifting three times a day, training each bodypart three times a week. Was I overtrained...maybe at first, but my body adjusted to volume. Then when I systematically lowered the volume the net result was muscle gain. Everyone told me that what I was doing "couldn't" work...luckily I didn't listen, and neither did the scale or the mirror.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

Quote;

"Muscles are developed through training. The harder you train, the more size you gain. The smarter you train, the faster you achieve gains.
If you are you are searching for a magical potion or pill that you can take to get big within four weeks time, you will be looking for a long time. Many companies in the fitness industry would like you to believe that nutrition is the key to growth. Nutrition can help accelerate the process, but to gain maximum muscle growth you must train, train, train, train, and then train again. The underlying point is training or irritation forces growth and the more you train; the more you grow.
Each time you step into the gym you should know exactly what you are going to do. You should know what muscles you are going to train. How many sets of which exercises you are going to perform and how long you are going to rest between those sets.
DON'T THINK IN THE GYM! Eliminate emotion. Don't pay too close attention to how you feel while in the gym (with the exception of an injury). We are basically saying that "instinctive training" or training according to how your body feels is counterproductive. If you listen to your body, you will be convinced to take a day off and get some rest. Remember, training is irritation the body and the body naturally wants to be comfortable.
Few of us have the ability to push ourselves to the level of performance that an outside motivating factor (like a coach can). Do you think that Vince Lombardi, coach of the world champion Green Bay Packers, came out to the Packers practice field and asked if the FELT like practicing? I doubt it. Coach Lombardi had drills planned, a game plan to integrate and no matter how miserable his players FELT, they executed the planned training program regardless of their feelings."

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

I do each body part every 4th day, except I alternate squats and deads for leg day. A worked muscle is usually sore as hell on day 1, better on day 2, ready to go on day 3, and feeling stronger than before on day 4. it's working well for me now; I may consider altering it when i hit a plateau, but I'm still making pretty good progress.

My $0.02

Top Bottom