Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to measure correctly muscle size?

Seryarn

When you make measurements of the muscles, do you tense them up, or the measurements are taken on a relaxed hand? It is just that I measured today my biceps for the first time, I tensed them while doing this, and it turns out, I have 20” arms, which is almost like the great Arnie, which I find so extremely hard to believe.

Yes, you have to tense them, and you can even pump them before doing the measurements. What got you surprised is not that big of a deal – back in the days bodybuilders were not mass monsters, so they had quite achievable physiques by today's standards.

How is it possible to have such big biceps without doing juice? I am both stoked, and surprised. Maybe there is also some fat - there can be fat in the biceps too?

How To Measure Muscles

Neck - Keep the head erect with eyes looking forward and relax the neck muscles. Take the measurement just above the Adam's Apple.

Upper Arms - Raise the right arm to shoulder height, flex the elbow, contract the biceps.

Forearms - Straighten the right arm with no bend in the elbow or wrist, and hold it at an angle away from the body. Clench the fist so that the forearm muscles are contracted. Run the tape below the elbow at the point of greatest size.

Chest-Stand erect. Pass the tape around the back at nipple level and bring it together in the front. Make sure the tape is straight across the back. Do not spread the lats. Keep them relaxed during the measurement.

Waist - Stand erect with the belly in its normal state. Do not suck in. Keep the tape on the same level as the navel.

Hips - Stand with heels together and weight distributed equally on both feet. Measure around the hips at the level of maximum protrusion of the buttocks.

Thighs - Stand with feet apart and thigh muscles relaxed. Measure the thigh just below the buttocks.

Calves - Stand erect with thighs and calves relaxed. Do not stand on the toes. Measure each calf at the largest part.

How is it possible to have such big biceps without doing juice? I am both stoked, and surprised. Maybe there is also some fat - there can be fat in the biceps too?

Yep. Fat guys can have arms, all soft n flabby, measuring 40+ inches. When I was at my biggest my right upper arm was a reasonably muscular 20.25-inches. I weighed 299.6lbs at the time

Top Bottom